Should I go for this, or is it a red flag?

So there's this guy I work with, let's call him Alex. And me and Alex are friends and he's funny, we get along really well, and he's kind of cute. Well he's asked me out on a date: "What are you doing tonight? You should let me take you out." Being around the words he used. I didn't exactly give him an answer so he keeps saying that he wants to take me out.

But the thing is, he's the kind of guy that flirts with any cute/pretty girl he sees and tries to get into their pants. So I don't know if it would be a good idea to say yes to a date because I don't want to be just another girl in his phone. I know he's not the type to cheat though, because he said it's extremely dirty and he's never done that. Also, he knows I'm a virgin and he said that nothing is wrong with that. I've never been on a date before so I'm kinda nervous too.

But how do I know if he actually wants to take me out because he likes me or because he juat wants a girl on his arm?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well you won't know until you actually go out with him. And so he's a flirt, big deal. If you believe he can be faithful then it's not going to be a problem IF you guys end up in a relationship. A date isn't anything HUGE so its not really going to mean much unless you let it. I'd say let him take you out, remember you always have the power to say no later. Maybe he just wants to get to know you better. You never know. Don't be nervous about a date. Just see it as you guys hanging out. That's really what it is =)

• you don't, you give it a try if you like him and just be very careful to move slow and not let him take advantage or do what you aren't comfortable with, you stay alert and careful and if anything makes you uncomfortable then you leave and don't see him again.