Stuck in the middle of someone else's relationship?

I have kind of been brought into a friend's relationship. Now it gets out of control, just the other day, one of the asked me to check something (to see if the other was lying) and so I did, cause I thought they just wanted me to see what was up. And apparently they were lying and made a big mess. I just feel like I am stuck between the two, both getting mad at me at times for what they do to each other.. I have no idea how to fix this or what to do. Basically it is driving me insane

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit them both down [together or separately, but I think together would have more impact] and tell them that you WILL NOT play middle man anymore, that you're sorry for whatever issues your involvement may have helped stir up, but they need to quit trying to get you to take sides, and stop using you against one another. You're their friend, and you'll still listen and support both of them, but only as an objective party, you don't want to be involved in their drama and fights.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell them that its THEIR relationship, and if they have communication issues its never going to be solved if you're constantly mediating. This is one of those times when you just have to step out and be like "sorry, love you both, but you two need to deal with this without me. I'll be here to listen and support, but I can't always be in the middle."

• Stay out of it. Be like "this is your problem, not mine, and I never should have gotten involved, and I apologize for that, but now it's not my place, so leave me out of it".

• Tell then you're there to help but if they don't start communicating among them selves, there's nothing you can do.

• Say you're sorry and that you're going to stay out of it in the future.

What Guys Said 0