Do guys say things to girls they are seeing, and not really mean them?

I'm a firm believer that actions speak louder than words, but why say things and then not act upon them?

I was seeing a guy for about 6 months. Things were pretty good. He did tell me from the beginning that he wasn't looking for a relationship, which I wasn't either.

Anyway as time went on, things got more serious, of course without the title, but it was like if we were a couple. We would hangout a lot, text each other all day, talk on the phone, I met his friends and fam.

Also, I know he would talk about me to his friends and family. He told me about a conversation he had with his dad where his dad said I was a good girl and that he should keep me. He then proceeded to say that was what he was trying to do.

He would make references to the future about kids and such. And one time that he was out of town, we were talking and he said he missed me and that he wanted to take me to where he was on a trip someday.

So anyway, I recently asked him where things were going. I wanted something more, but he said he still wasn't ready to settle down. He said it sucked that we met during this time in his life, I asked if he ever saw anything in the future and he said he definitely thought about it. So after it was all said and done, I broke things off.

So my question is why would he say these things, but not try and stay with me? Were they just words?

What Guys Said 1

• Some people are corporate 'yes' types. They say what they are 'supposed' to say without any compunction, even if they have NO such feelings in reality. Why would they be different in their personal lives from the way they are in their jobs? So many corporate people out there these days.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes! There are guys who will blow hot air just to gain favor from you even when they don't mean a damn thing they say.