Do dating sites work?

Do dating sites like match and pof work? Does anyone have experience with dating sites? What are the positives and negatives of online dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have used and still do use online dating. I've had a lot of fun, but it can be a headache. You find yourself checking it all the time and taking things personally. There are lots of mean people and even more flakes. It's about sifting through lots of bad ones to find one or two that are actually worthwhile.

I'll give you an example of a good and bad experience.

Good experience: I met a girl, went on a bunch of dates, good conversation, good sex, etc. Ended it because I was too busy.

Bad experience: Met a girl, went and grabbed coffee, and really, really, liked her. I was head over heels for her. She seemed like the perfect match. Then out of the blue, she tells me we can't keep seeing each other because she isn't totally over an ex, which I never heard about. I felt burned.

So, you see, it has a lot of negatives, but if you find the right person, it could be good. It's like playing the lottery.

What Guys Said 7

• If you are generally positive and open to a variety of ideas it may work for you. Women get a lot of mail, some percentage is a little extreme, I've heard. As a guy, I don't see it. I think you have to be careful not to make of list of things you want in a guy because it adds up quickly to be a very rare person that meets 5 things you pick.

If you pick non-smoker, tall, slim, professional employment, within 5 years of your age and looks interesting. All seem reasonable and OK. The number of guys that match are 55% x 35% x 30% x 15% x 10% or one guy in 1154. If you add in he has to be liberal and your religion, then we are up to one guy in 24,000.

When you meet someone in person, you often don't get to know so much about them. Give people a chance who have some different backgrounds or types. Chemistry can come from being a little different as well.

• my father met his current girlfriend online. but I really feel like its better for older people. your young, go out and meet someone

• Agreed 100% My dad this the same. Its mostly for middle aged divorced Folks. Not guys like us in our 20's.

• I got some success, but to be honest I had to messaged A LOT of women for just a few to message back :S but if you are a girl, I don't think that should be an issue, you might get a lot of messages though and you might get overwhelmed by guys messaging you.

• Same as real life. Have to be patient and know what's real and who's full of it.

• They only work for girls.

• for girls it is

• Depends upon how willing you are to be patient to find a decent match. If you the extra attention doesn't go to your head, you'll be fine. Many girls on those sites get an inflated sense of ego because they have so much male attention. It isn't good for a lot of girls because it makes them extremely narcissistic. If you can overcome this, you'll be okay.

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly don't think they do..

• much better luck for us girls than for us guys, lol

• It depends on what you mean by "work". If you mean can you find decent guys to date on there, then yeah. But it depends a lot on your area. The bigger the city, the more available guys.