Reaching Out or Nothing?

My ex (whom I haven't spoken to in maybe two years) started putting himself in my life in little ways like following me on Twitter and subscribing to my blog.

We ended things on really bad terms, and I've reached out to him a few times but he never tried to do the same. He's the reason why we broke up so I just assumed he didn't care.

Is it possible he might be ready to be friends? We used to be really close, but I'm completely taken aback by his sudden interest in finding out what's going on in my life.

What do you think? Please help!

Thanks for the input, everyone! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, It depends a lot on how that person is, even if you ended on bad terms but he's a kind person, I don't see a problem why you couldn't give him a shot, or reaching to him or something. But if you ended with him because he was a bad/horrible person, I don't see why you would still be interested in him or in anything he does.. Also, I hope you aren't an obsessed girl or unable to ferget him and move on with your life (don't think so by the 2 years separation). He may also be looking for information, be very careful as well. Hope it helps.

• Thanks. I appreciate your answer! :)

What Guys Said 10

• What's in your blog/twitter? If it's something of great use to him, he might just be following the information; but most of the time twitter accounts regard one's personal affairs. So my thought is that he is indeed warming up. Give it time and he'll likely comment on one of your posts or otherwise try to contact you, mainly to see if the water is still hostile. If you want to be friends with him and nothing more, maybe you guys should try to start a-new on the basis of having an enjoyable talk. Good luck,

~ ArtistBBoy

• I don't get too personal on either so there's really not much he can gather, lol. Thanks for the input!

• Maybe use it to your advantage and post some more personal posts (e.g. where you may be going) to see if he shows up? :P

• Well he's certainly starting to approach that possibility.

Based on him doing these slightly indirect ways of catching up with how you are, I'd say it'd be safe to say he is interested in reconnecting as friends.

I think if you're also willing to patch things up, it'd be fine to drop a friendly message saying hi. Hopefully things pan out well!

• i think he's seeking you out, out of curiosity and he may have thought about what you two had and is checking up on you. its very hard to be friends with your ex because all of the tension comes back usually. remember, love has its own highway and so does friendship. once they intersect, things tend to go in a different direction. it can never be just this or that. now since you already had a relationship with this guy, it is possible to have a regular friendship, but that chance is slight especially if you two had sex. he knows how you look naked, he knows your fav positions, he knows you in a whole different context than someone who just met you and is only a friend.

• Hmm...I like that road analogy. Do you think it's hard for a guy to be just friends with an ex? I feel like this is a reoccurring theme.

• Two years is a long time. Maybe he has a totally different mindset now. Probably he wants to explore getting back together, rather than just being friends, so be careful..

• It will not be possible currently because he although covers it up that is does not hurt him, actually does so he will get some healing time to build his ego and strengths again.

• He broke up with me so I'm pretty sure I was more hurt than he was lol.

• He's not over you.

• He started dating someone else after we broke up...and a few more people since then.

• Obviously those are all re3bounds and aren't working out because he's dating to GET OVER YOU not because he actually is into those girls completely.

• I've had times where even though I was no longer with that person I still always cared about them. Sometimes people mature and change and realize that a person they were previously with is still that one girl/guy they can't lose feelings for. Give it a second chance.

• He's probably bored and wants to bang you.

• Haha wow. That's pretty ambitious seeing as it never went that far when we were dating.

• give him a shot depending on how you feel. . As friends of course, but who knows. It is obvious that he still cares about you. I wish my ex would give me that consideration right now!

• He has time to think things over and he clearly misses you and may think he made a mistake by losing you.

What Girls Said 7

• It sounds like he's watching the game from the stands, but he's not willing to play...at least not yet. Whenever these things happen, I'm the kind of person to say things like it is. He dumped you so, I would think you'd have a little more fun with the situation.

I would totally make it obvious that I know he's peeping through the window of my life. Hey ____, how are you? I see you've come out of hiding. What's going on?

I'd make reference to it...on my blog and twitter... Why would someone who dumps start following your blog/twitter? Is it me or is that weird?

Don't think you'll do it though. Sounds like you're totally not over him...and in fact...you're hoping he's thinking about making a move.

Perhaps he is. I can't imagine why you would follow your ex on social media other than to see how she's doing and what she's up to. That only matters if you're wondering if she's moved on or not, which is what I think is going on.

I hope you don't take him back. He'll only break your heart again. Guys 'like him' always do.

I wish you luck in love.

• HAHAHA! I think in the past I would've done something like that, lol. As for being over him, it'd be nice to have my friend back so I'm open to that. But too much has happened for me to go down that road again. But thanks so much on the well wishes! :)

• Oh God, please don't be friends with him. That can only mean bad news. Remember first and foremost why he is your EX. There's a reason you two aren't together and since you are going on 2 years without him now, it has to be valid. Never revert back to your past or old situations to find comfort in new ones. I'm not friends with any of my exes, nor do I ever hope to be as much as it has hurt or as close as we were.

And as much as people don't like to admit it, people DON'T change. You can try to change a person all they want, but 9 time out of 10, they will maintain those same cardinal personality traits that you always knew. Unless you are ready for another heartache, my advice is a big fat NO.

• He just might be trying to get info about you. For example, if your dating someone, if you talk about a guy in your blog/twiiter. If you don't like the fact that he's following you . You can block him on Twitter and I'm pretty sure on your blog too. (:

• I was dating someone else for about a year, but we've since broken up. I don't necessarily mind because we used to be really good friends before we dated, but it's random because I've tried to reach out to him before but it never amounted to anything.

• I honestly think he would be open to being friends and that's his way of throwing hints to tell you that. Be straight forward if that's what you want, if he answers this time cool, if not you should cut him out and forget it.

• It really depends on why you broke up so it's hard to answer question

• It's kind of hard to explain but I guess it was essentially just bad timing. It was never about cheating or anything but the fact that we each had our own baggage made for some pretty bad arguments so it kinda fell apart in a hurtful way because he put himself out there and I didn't stepped back. And then he turned around and started dated someone else a few weeks later.

• Are you over this guy? is this question?

• I am. I've dated others since then. But he was one of my closest friends so obviously it sucked that he completely cut me out of his life.

• you can't be if your posting this...hahaaaa

• What's the point of asking if you're not going to believe my answer? o_O

• Time does not mean anything(two years). Its people in this world that are not over people after 10-15 years. Maybe he is interested or maybe he is over the break up and just want to be on a mutual friend level. I don't believe exes can be friends, hi and bye and occasional happy birthdays...ahahaaa... Exes can only be friends/buddies when break ups are mutual and you guys are TOTALLY OVER EACH OTHER!

Other than that it I don't know what else to say...Good luck!

• I'm still friends with my most recent ex and we loved each other so I think it's possible. But I definitely agree with you when you say time doesn't mean anything.