Why do guys think that they have to keep girls on a leash?

Why do you guys think they have to run girls all the time

Most Helpful Guy

• Possessive - adjective

1.

jealously opposed to the personal independence of, or to any influence other than one's own upon, a child, spouse, etc.

2.

desirous of possessing, especially excessively so: Young children are so possessive they will not allow others to play with their toys; a possessive lover.

3.

of or pertaining to possession or ownership.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, for a few thousand years that's what everyone did. I mean, really, in most cultures women were property. I have no idea why, I mean I really don't. Like, questions posed such as why did ancient Rome and I think Assyria take that view, but not ancient scandinavia or Mesopotamia. I dunno... But, it was normal pretty much world over for at least a thousand years. It wasn't a strictly uncommon viewpoint until somewhere into the 70s. That's only 40 years, and only in the west.. So, of course there will still be lingering permutations of that view point. First of all, a lot of people are old fashioned - those people teach other people to think that way, show other people that way of thinking is acceptable and also we view being 'old fashioned' as a good thing, in general someone is praised for being old fashioned. So, for a lot of people it's not just normal and okay and what their daddy done, but it's also something worthy of praise.

It'll die out though. Murder used to be acceptable, rape used to be normal. After a while we sort of went 'Here, no, sh*t, calm the f*** down, guys.' and now murder and rape are like, considered the most heinous and abhorrent and appalling thing a person could possibly do.If there was a Renaissance GirlsAskGuys, people would be asking questions saying 'Why do guys think that they have to take girls by force?' So, y'know. That's why. And have faith, man. 60s ideology. The moderns will prevail over the forces of old and evil. We have always up the ladder been moving and up the ladder move shall we. Y'dig?

• Those guys are usually just possessive for whatever reason.

• they don't want the girls to be hit by traffic?

• One part jealousy, another part experience.

Maybe whatever dude keeps tabs on you has heard you get around.

Usually though, I think it's because they have insecurity because of a past girlfriend, or their mommies trained them to be that way because they kept the boy on a leash when he was young.

• Says who? If anything, I've seen more needy girls than guys.

• i didn't say needy I said controlling, Obliviously your in denial

• thanks for understanding

• No point in getting bent out of shape by some online commenter. Just still chill and enjoy your weekend. :)

What Girls Said 2

• The same reason chicks think this way.

• not all guys, only the jerks