Do girls expect you to text them all day?

There's a girl who I like but sometimes she texts me asking about how my days is and all this other stuff about nothing. I am not the kind of person to get into a full blown texting conversation with someone, if I wanted to talk I would ask them to hang out then we can talk. Except I been busy for a while with work and school so we haven't had a chance to hang out. But whenever she text me I text her back a few times but when it seems like she is just trying to drag on the conversation I would just not reply.

Now it seems like she might have gotten butt hurt or something because whenever we coincidentally run into each other she is not as excited to see me like before. Did she lose interest or did she think I lost interest or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably lost interest because she felt that you weren't interested in her...and you can't really blame her for that. I understand your pain though. Sometimes my friends just go on and on in texting conversations and I really just don't have the time, patience or energy to continue on with a lame conversation when I could be doing some more productive (or even less productive, but more exciting).

Maybe you should tell her you don't like to text. Since you like her, make an effort to hang out with her or talk to her. You have to make her feel like she is still wanted regardless of the difference in the way you both utilize technology.

Personally though, when I'm texting someone I like, I don't usually consider it a hassle or annoying - even if it's a pretty stupid conversation. I'm just happy to be talking to that person at all. Let her know you're still interested because she probably thinks you don't like her anymore. And most of all, tell her how you feel!

Good luck :)

What Girls Said 5

• " when it seems like she is just trying to drag on the conversation I would just not reply. "

You probably should have said something like: I'm busy at the moment, I'll talk to you later. Or possibly: I don't really like texting, I'll call you later today/can we meet up some time?

This question is also a perfect example of one of the differences between guys and girls. Girls talk to communicate detail and understand, whereas guys talk usually to find out a piece of information.

She probably jumped to the conclusion that you weren't interested. If you still like her you could easily fix things by talking to her again.

• Depends on the girl.

I appreciate people get busy, but I like a text to let me know they're thinking about me and I'm not forgotten.

That being said, I don't want them to drop everything to text me. They've gotta have a life. Just don't ignore me, you know?

• I appreciate it, but if that's not what the guy is into. I am fine with that.

Just say SOMETHING! lol

• i think some do but honestly I wouldnt, I like my space. I prefer in person or phone chats over texting.

in this case it sounds she assumes you did but I would just ask

• Maybe girls in your age group (college/grad school) sort of do. I personally don't think a guy is going to be texting me all day long. Logistically the guys in my age group will send you a "booty call" text or a playful short message mid-morning/mid-day to let you know you're on your mind. Dawn-till-dusk texting isn't really possible for them -- or for me. :-)

What Guys Said 0