Ladies, what does it mean if you don't text a guy back?

I met this girl a few days back and we hit it off pretty good. We exchanged number and texted for 3 hours tht next day. She said she'd talk to me later. So I texted her yesturday got no reply and texted today but still no reply. I'm not gonna text for awhile to keep from comming off wierd. Can yall shed some light on this please?

Most Helpful Girl

• there could be several reasons explaining this. one) she has been busy and has not seen it, her phone is broken...yadda yadda. two) she is playing some stupid mind game three) she is not interested. four) she forgot about the text. I actually do this all the time- I read a text and then it gets marked as unread and then I get distracted and forget about it.

i would do the following- wait a little...maybe a week or two and then send a text about how she is doing generally or check upi a how are you doing of sorts. if she does not respond, find someone who does not waste your time would be my advice. sorry if that's harsh, but I think that it is pointless if you spend time on someone who is not giving you anything back...everyone deservessomeone who wants to be with them.

What Girls Said 10

• so you hit it off. she has talked to you via text before and it lasted a while. but now she's not picking up.

if she's not texting you back on purpose, it could mean she likes you, but doesn't want to wear out the conversation to quickly. she's into you but not THAT into you. or she just isn't interested anymore.

either way I think you should talk to her in person. nothing beats face to face. and it's a lot less annoying that someone blowing your cellular device up on the daily like it's scheduled. don't "confront" her like "i texted you soandso ago, why didn't you pick up?" because she's entitled to answer or not answer as she pleases. just talk to her to get a sense of whether or not she's still into you. if she is, you have your answer. if not, find someone else to text.

there is a possibility that she just didn't have her phone, but I really doubt that.

• Sometimes I take forever to get back to the guy if I'm not interested. Like right now...you just reminded me that I have to get back to someone who called me yesterday. (Oops! =X) Since you texted her twice now, I'd back off and see what she does. If she hits you up with an apology, she's either nice or interested. If she hits you up without an explanation to why she took so long, she's not worth your time.

• Usually when a girl doesn't text a guy back for awhile (in my point of view) it means that her she's not sure if she should keep her eye on you. You interest her but not to the point where she feels like its necessary to talk. If you continue to write her often she will feel like you are clingy and probably never will respond to you again unless it's to say "I think we shouldn't talk anymore". If you don't write her and she never writes you then it wasn't meant to happen so go leap forward and see other people.

• hm I would say that it means she doesn't wanna talk. but if she texted you for 3 hours originally then maybe something is just up with her phone. try calling her and if it rings and she doesn't answer then just delete her number and move on to the next one.

• She could be busy

• It could mean anything from "not interested" to "afraid of losing your interest so trying to appear mysterious", women do this kind of sh*t all the time but basically if she's interested and thinks you have great talks together or something gay like that, there is no way she would ignore you for longer than a few days unless her cat died or something

• If she hasn't texted back, she must be busy, or she ran out of minutes. Right now, it would be best to wait a couple days and then either text her or get a hold of her some other way. Don't flip out on her, but nonchalantly bring up that you texted her and wondered if she got it.

Give it a little time and she should come back around.

• This is possibly the least foreboding answer yet, can you give an example ofthis nonchalant text you're speaking off?

• Ok example. "Hey, hows it going?" Greet person either over phone or in person. Then bring it up. "I texted you a while back but I'm not sure if you got it..." its straight to the point. She should answer you back. Hope this helped.

• Haha guess I'll find out in a week or two

• She's either not interested, very busy which caused her to forget or perhaps she has ran out of credit. But you both talked for 3 hours so hopefully she's interested :)

• She's either busy or decided she isn't interested..

If you don't get a reply within the week, take the hint.

• Hard to say. But if I were you, I'd back off for several days, like 4 or 5. Then try one more time, if you don't get a response, you'll know she's not interested.

Sorry, but these things happen.

What Guys Said 0