Guy Code, what's the protocol?

I like my Ex best friends girl friend, me and him had a falling out he flipped out on me because he thought I did something I didn't and went home and deleted me off his Facebook. I've hardly talked to him since, and I'm fine with it. He left the state for the summer and me and his girlfriend have hung out some and we text each other alot. I've had feelings for her for a long time but never acted on them because of the friendship. But after he deleted me I've started to see how he really is and it doesn't really bother me that we don't talk anymore. last week he sent me a friend request on Facebook but I haven't accepted it yet. I'm thinking about telling the girl that I like her, he doesn't make time for her and ignores her. Does guy code still pertain to us? I want to marry this girl, and I've gotten the vibe from her that she likes me, I've always been there for her when she needed someone well since I've known her that is like the last 4 years. Can I date her if they break up, does he need to break up with her (which he usually does). What do I do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm...that is a tough one. Well this is what I think; you had a fall out with not only a friend but a BESTfriend, which means you guys should talk again, its not worth the friendship to leave it like it was nothing. He was angry and we all do stupid things when angry, so that's towards that. Now for me personally, Its in MY code to never mess with a girl whose been with one my friends, emotionally or physically. It shows a lot about the girl, as well as me. Now it doesn't look like you even know if she likes you the same, that actually might be the bad thing, because your friend (out of his temper) would probably be very mad finding out that his best friend and ex would do this behind his back, and yes he would still title you as his best friend. My advice is to tell her...let her know you care, and her take on maybe making the relationship onto another level, if she says no, try to contact your best friend, and work it out- if yes, then you need to decide WHY she likes you (so you don't run into the issue of her making your friend jealous) and then decide, friend, or girl. So my answer is yes, it is breaking the code, since you haven't asked his opinion, but in this case, its just a decision. Good luck bro.

What Girls Said 1

• You aren't friends with him anymore because of something else so the bro code doesn't pertain to your situation. If he's an a**hole and you want to treat her the way she "should" be then sure tell her how you know that she's with what's-his-bucket but you really would like to date her if the opportunity presented itself.

What Guys Said 3

• It is completely okay for you to date her if they break up. It's not okay for you to make them break up, but if they just break up then, yeah it's fine, since he and you aren't friends any more.

• Uh, the Bro Code is for Bros...talk to him first to see if he's gonna be a Bro or a Hoe. I honestly think it won't matter either way because you're going to date her. That kind of thing won't matter if he finds out before or after. So find out if he's gonna be a Bro first.

I have no idea if any of that made sense.

• Just hook up with her and play it from there.