Why would a guy always want the girl to call?

Guy I work with always says things to other coworkers when they see him flirting with me..."I'm just waiting for her to cave in" he never asks me out, even though he knows that I want him to ask me out. Before, I asked him once for hiking and he was 30 min late...he apologized. I asked him out a second time and he flaked, then apologized via text...so I sort of stopped paying attention to him then on, but he won't leave me alone. wtf Today as he was leaving,"we should hang out, ohh that's right you want me to call you" he's crazy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well some guys just want to see that the girl is actually interested, it feels weird to be the only one always initiating.

However, this dude just sounds like an immature, lazy douchebag. Based on how he's already acted, good for you that you stopped giving him attention.

• yep, I believe you are correct hahahahaha

What Guys Said 2

• He sounds extremely immature to me, and like someone who would play constant mind games, even in a relationship. I would steer clear.

• He wants to feel wanted it seems. Or maybe he's just shy.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he's not that into you and once you ignored him it hurt his ego. If he really wants to hang out he will call you. In the meantime just keep continue to live your life.

• Deep down I think you're right. I try treating him as a friend, but he just won't stop flirting. When some new guys were hired and asking a coworker about me...while she was telling me this he kept saying loudly, "ohhh she's mine, she's mine (repetitively)" he's just weird, I don't get him when he does sh*t like this.

• Because he's still at the immature stage. If you were in a relationship with him that would be even more annoying.

• You just confirmed what I thought. :) Thanks for reassuring me