There's a boy at the pool sometimes he acts interested but sometimes not. What should I do to date him?

He is in 8th grade, he is shorter than me... Does height matter to a guy? I think he's playing hard to get but when a guy plays hard to get it confuses me. Please help!

What Guys Said 1

• Get off gag. You have to be at least 16 to be on here

What Girls Said 1

• If he's in 8th grade...do you really want to be involved with someone that young? If you are indeed 16? I'm not saying it can't work, but the odds are slim. You two would have to be on the same level emotionally and odds are that a girl at 16 and a boy at 14 won't be. That's not to say it can't happen, but again, very slim chances.

With his maturity level (or immaturity level), odds are the height thing will be important. Now, if it isn't, and you really want to be with him, let's address the playing hard to get thing.

I'd advise you to stay away from him for now. Trust me. He needs time to grow up a bit. Saddling him with a girlfriend will quickly lose it's cool factor for him. Not to mention all the games and loops you'll have to jump through to keep his interest.

Boys, and girls, can be flighty when it comes to crushes at that age. This playing hard to get thing is very immature if you think about it. All it does is create confusion and makes the actual relationship very dramatic and stressful.

My advice would be to let him, and yourself, grow up a bit before pursuing a relationship.

Also, please don't think I don't know what I'm talking about as I have been in your shoes before.

Best of luck to you.