Guys, would you give this up for a girl?

Would you give up partying/drinking or at least party/drink less frequently for a girl? Pick an answer below.. explanations welcome

• No- I like partying/drinking and I wouldn't give it up for a girl ( I would go for a girl that parties/drinks as well)
  • Yes- if I really cared about a girl, I would at least go out and drink less often

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a reasonable request. Most guys should find after being dry for any amount of time, that if they talk to their friends when they're drunk, they're no longer as funny and cool as they seemed to be. They're just drunk.

I can't stand being around drunks now. That is what they are, I've realized. My best friends were just my drinking buddies. In the light of day, they were scruffy nerf herders.

Good luck figuring out a way to make a partier party less. It's usually a big part of their self image. You may want to pick up some literature about it and get some help. link

And in the end, it's not your choice to change him. He's got to do it himself. If he doesn't, then write "LOSER" across the mental picture you have of him. Then move on.

What Guys Said 7

• I actually just recently got dumped due to somthing like this :/ my now ex girlfriend dumped me cause she wanted to go party and be a slut... Which she did while we were dating which I only found out after we broke up...

• I choose B.

In my place, we seldom drink or party. But I choose B because if I have a girlfriend, I will want to spend more time with her then other people, so giving up some socializing events with my friend is what I think I will do.

• Course, though it helps I don't really care for parties nor really like drinking cause damn is it expensive and it just makes me thirsty. I only like occasional drinks when out to dinner with someone.

• Had my fun with the party life, have responsibilities now. Routine Routine Routine.

• Seeing as I don't drink, ever, and I rarely go to parties, it wouldn't be much to give up.

• Sure, especially since I'm not like that anyway. Maybe that's why girls aren't interested. lol

• I already gave up smoking and some drinking for the girl I am with. I am sick of being a p**** bitch tbh

What Girls Said 2

• The guy that likes me is a party guy and he works promoting clubs ect so he is at clubs a lot. And his friends are a bunch of party addicts. I'm not like that at all, I don't believe in drinking to be or have fun. But I have nothing against partying what so ever and I'm flattered that he wants to take me to clubs. And he does drink but not so much so he gets drunk and pass out or don't remeber what happened the night before. if we did start dating for real I wouldn't make him give it up, cause its his qvality time with his friends. And a girl should never come between a guy and his friends, cause the friends will always win. And I do think if you demand for a guy to stop partying h might do it for a couple of months and go back to it and then you will be the bitchy girlfriend that tried to change him from a party guy to a lets-stay-home.watching-ps I love you kind of guy.

• i understand what you are trying to say, but just to clarify I wasn't planning on asking him to completely give up partying. that's his time with his friends and I respect that. I was just curious if guys who party would be willing to tone down the amount they party for a girl- that's all. I don't want him to completely give it up; I would just appreciate it if he did it less often

• oh ok

• im not a party girl or anything.

but I am kind of interested in a guy who is like that.

but I'm not going to act on it because of that.

i mean, why change a guy? if he likes to party and drink, why would you want to deprive him from that? why not find another guy who doesn't like those things?

i find that really unfair.

if you're with him, shouldn't you accept him for who he is?

like the anonymous guy said, that he's tired of giving that stuff up for his girlfriend. its kind of sad to make the other person adjust to your ways, but you're not adjusting to theirs. shouldn't it be 50/50?

idk. just my thoughts on this. I never understood why people want to change their partners.

sorry. didn't mean to be a bitch or anything.

• i appreciate your opinion. I was just asking because I was wondering if guys would be willing to tone it down for girls they like. I wouldn't ask him to completely cut it out because I want him to have his own thing with his friends too and I don't want him resenting me as the girl who deprived him of his fun. I just wanted to know if guys who party would be willing to compromise on the issue of partying, that's all because I would be willing to compromise to a certain degree as well