If a girl asked you not to call her, would you take it literally?

We decided (amicably) to take a break (of a 'few weeks') mainly for him to sort some stuff out and straighten himself out, and I kinda said it might be best not to call me. I text him the other day and he replied straight back but I ended the texting as I didn't want him to think I was trying to start something up! I really like him, and understand his issues and I'm trying to give him space, but I am desperate to call/text him! Is the 'ball in my court' or should I wait for him? Could he think I don't want to hear from him? Would that stop a guy from texting/calling?

What Guys Said 1

• You told him not to call...why wouldn't he take it literally? The way I see it the ball is in your court. If you want to start talking again then call or text or send him and email. Best of luck.

Please update as there are obviously important missing details.

• Thanks for your answer. I told him I needed space too, so maybe it is up to me. I don't believe it's always the guys responsibility to initiate everything, but I guess I was hoping he wouldn't be able to help himself!! I'm not playing games here, I guess I'm just wary of it being perceived as putting pressure on him when he has other stuff to deal with.

What Girls Said 0