Is my girl PMSing or is it something else?

Ok, so. about 10 days ago she had to travel (we are already under long distance for this summer btw) to another country to her family and she hates going there and she wasn't excited at all.

She told me she's scheduled to have her time of the month around the 25th July or something. that's in another 3 days.

So 2 days ago, she thought about minor pointless things we have and she started saying we have differences bla bla and got really cranky. She asked for a break and so turned her phone off. Today's the 3rd day I haven't talked to her.

Is she PMS-ing? She takes birth controls as well and said it helps for those women who are "royally messed".

Im confused if she actually wants a break or she's just pms-ing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Take her word for it. Maybe minor resentments have built up in the past, and she's too scared to tell you outright unless she can partly blame it on PMS. Maybe the PMS is amplifying her emotions and giving her physical symptoms that would make anyone cranky (cramps, bloating), furthering her need for space, especially if she feels like you don't listen or sympathize.

Give her some space and see where it goes. Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• Let's just say when girls PMS we tend to be over dramatic... Little things piss us off an make us scream and cry. Yes, she is probably upset for a reason but she is just very oversensitive right now.

Just give her some time... Birth control doesn't really change anything... I am on it for mood swings (hormonal imbalance) and acne and I still get both of those.

• It sounds like PMS is the biggest reason behind her behavior. That said, you can't entirely brush off her drama as PMS, because the underlying issues are still there. She's probably upset for a reason, but it's been blown out of proportion. She's overreacting, but try to be patient -- I know what it's like to have crazy PMS and it can be hard to overcome. Good luck, I hope she calms down so you guys can talk!

• Sounds like it

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like it, she's acting like a child.