She went out with me once. What do I do now?

There's this girl who's a mutual friend of a few friends we both share. I asked her one day if she would like to eat sushi with me one day.

(note, she's a girl that gets asked out/hit on all the time)

She said yes. Now keeping in mind that she's quite popular with the guys, I imagine any typical approach would just go up in flames, thus I decided just to be myself and I would only flirt if it was called for. For example, she asked if the meal was my treat, so I quickly fired back by saying "Well now, that depends, is it a date?" To which she chuckled" Haha, we can pay separately." She knew I wanted to get to know her better but she came anyway, as this offer was quite obvious.

So we eat at the sushi place and have some alcohol. We have much to talk about and a few things in common. She basically told me she'd want me to take her back home if we had basically felt the night was finished, but luckily she wanted to get more drinks. We got some from a nearby store then we went back to my house, where we talked some more, played some video games, then watched a bad movie on netflix that we could poke some fun at because it was so dreadful.

Anyway, some key notes:

-It was raining, so when I picked her up, I led her to the car with an umbrella.

-She asked "Why didn't you tell me I had food on my breasts?" in the restaurant. To which I replied, "I''m not looking at your breasts, I've been showing you respect this entire time."

-I payed for her drink at the store, told her to think of it as a friendly gesture.

-She let me rest my head on her legs during the movie.

-I gave her a back massage before she left, (I practice massage therapy)

I do wonder if this might get anywhere. I figure that If I am too bold and direct it may be a turn off for someone like her, but I am uncertain on how to resume our contact and interactions now that I've decided that I like her. This certainly was not a date, but it was surely a wonderful time.

What is your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait, I'm confused, you made sure that this was not a date, but you want to date her? It sounds like a complex game that could work...it's hard to say. Keep hanging out with her; see if she asks you first, but there's no harm in asking for a second time. You'll know if she's into being more than friends ;]

What Girls Said 2

• Ask her simply "When is our next date?" Let her know you are interested in her. If she doesn't think that you are...especially if she has tons of other guys...she will move on quickly. However, she might like a chase. It depends on the girl and situation. You definitely need to initiate a conversation with her.

• Always pay for the first date , Real date or not. It looks good on your part.

What Guys Said 3

• You're taking the right road with her...but always have this little conversation with her about where you are before you ask her to go with you again. She sounds like she's a direct and take-charge sort of person, don't try to get around her or maneuver her into anything she won't agree to.

So far, you're playing it just right, congrats!

• "I''m not looking at your breasts, I've been showing you respect this entire time." = "I'm a completely passive male, and am perfectly content to be just friends." Women want to be viewed sexually just like the rest of us. Sure don't sit there staring at her t*ts, but to just go and say something so little brotherish..I donno.

• You seem like you think so much and worry too much. You are asking too many stupid things. Just take charge more and know woman do not want you to be so ultra good boy. Pay for her sh*t. Consider it a date every time and go after what you want.