Guys do you like weak, needy girls or strong, independent girls?

No right or wrong answer in this case, I just want complete honesty.

Do you like a girl with a strong personality, opinionated, speaks her mind, can take care of herself, and only wants you in her life because she has feelings for you and wants you there, but not because she needs you?

Or do you like a more submissive girl who depends on you, doesn't speak her mind too much or express very strong opinions, she seems weaker overall, and she depends on you for a lot and makes you feel like she needs you for a lot of reasons?

please answer and explain why you answered the way you did - don't just check the poll :P

which do you like more

• Weaker, more submissive girl who needs me a lot
  • Stronger personality, more opinionated and independent girl

Most Helpful Guy

• " a girl with a strong personality, opinionated, speaks her mind, can take care of herself, and only wants you in her life because she has feelings for you and wants you there"

That pretty much describes my ideal woman right there.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't like your options. I want a combination: girl with a strong personality, opinionated, speaks her mind, can take care of herself, and she depends on you for a lot and makes you feel like she needs you for a lot of reasons.

• she has a strong personality and can take care of herself but also needs to depend on you for a lot of reasons? that seems contradictory, don't you think?

• I'm not afraid to say that I need a woman, and it's not for her money.

• I like this answer

• I like feminine girls.

I don't like that you spelled it as ''weak and needy" I see it as pejorative. Sensitive & nurturing are more appropriate words describing them.

When a girl is acting like Miss Independent, it feels very awkward, it feels so wrong - I don't want such kind of a girl.

• oh well, the opposite of strong is weak, and the opposite of being independent is being dependent or needy. I don't see being sensitive or nurturing as having anything to do with this, as those are more how you treat other people and not at all about how you need other people to treat you or take care of you. being needy would be needing to be nurtured, not actually being nurturing to other people. you can like what you want, but my Q wasn't about that... no big deal though. I expected this.

• ""the strong & independent girl" - it actually means bitchy & feminist." LOL.

My wife is strong & independent & feminist but has never been bitchy towards ME. (she was towards some other people and they merited it)

• theres no point in reasoning with irrational people. he's just drawing his own conclusions because of his own prejudices and biases. I think we are all guilty of that to an extent, but for some people they just can't separate what is logical from their own emotions. if he has strong opinions about who feminists are, or in this case that all independent women who have strong personalities, or are even bitchy for that matter, are very feminist and not "feminine" then you can't really reason with him

• Definitely the girl who's with me because she wants me, not because she's desperate! No question! I have no idea how four guys could have answered the opposite on the poll.

• yeah, well, there are a lot of more conservative guys here.

is that picture from a pink floyd album? I think I remember seeing it. I just started listening to them. random, sorry lol

• Yep, Dark Side of the Moon.

• Strong Independent girl. I do like the feeling of being needed, but I'd still rather someone who can stand on her own two feet.

• A mix? I like strong girls, but purely independent it's like "why bother having a relationship then" (same with entirely independent guys). But ya...

• Somewhere in the middle.

• I voted B but it does not really matter

• It seems like the only ones that complain about not finding a man are the "strong, independent" types because we are apparently intimidated by them (or maybe they put that out there to get the focus off of them). Out of the two options, I would go with the weaker, more submissive girl, but something in between is fine. If the "stronger" one is fine without me, she can remain fine and without me.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems that they want a mixture of both. Someone who will give you their opinions and can take care of themselves, but who will let go and won't mind letting them lead. I think men want to feel needed and want a nurturing woman, who will also express their personality and who doesn't get walked over.

• I'm afraid some (some!) guys want to be the boss at home and don't accept equality. Caveman mentality. If they want that much to be the boss, they'd better buy a dog.

• well, some women will let them be the boss and let them "lead." a lot of guys are like that though.

• I don't have a problem with that, but I assumed that men wanted a woman who will assert herself sometimes.

I'm assuming they wouldn't want someone who lets them bully her though lol.

• I am pretty much the strong girl that you described and I don't have problems attracting or keeping guys.

Sure lots of guys out there wouldn't like me but there is no shortage of guys who like girls like me too.

I know it's a cliche but it really is true just be yourself.