Girls, evaluate how this first date went?

I took a girl out who I met online after we had been talking for about 2 weeks. All of our conversations have been going really well and I felt like she was into me too. Anyway, we went to dinner and to see a movie. She openly told me before we went out that she is shy and nervous when she meets someone. I could tell right away that she was nervous by how she acted when we first met. I drove and we had a nice conversation through dinner with a decent amount of eye contact. I would randomly touch her shoulder or arm throughout the night and she never had a negative reaction to it but she never initiated anything either...is that bad or just nerves on her part? She made no contact with me during the movie either. I also didn't try anymore as I was unsure if she was uncomfortable with it. I also noticed throughout the night that she was either playing with her hair or the necklace she had on...I've heard that is a sign of interest but I've also heard that it could just be nerves...What does it really mean? Once I took her home I got out of the car with her and she said "Thank you for everything and for driving I really appreciate it." She then said here let me give you a hug and opened her arms and we hugged and I then said text me to which she replied OK, sounds good. I really like this girl but I am unsure how to evaluate how the date went and how she is feeling? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds good! she probably didn't initiate anything because as she said, she was shy. Also, girls never like to make any moves on a guy as if they decline its awkward, not too mention embarassing! So I think that's the only flaw I think you should have made little contact with her too show your protective but not enough too say I'm using you for sex. And about the necklace/hair thing, ALL girls play with their hair or something loose attatched too them (me personally its my nails) but that's because were either lost for what to say or we just want something to do with our hands when in conversation. This makes it easier for us too talk with confidence because were not just staring at you we can look down at our hands to avoid eye contact if we want too. The fact you made eye contact shows positive signs because girls hate eye contact unless they mean it, so well done for achieving that. Also the fact she was polite to say thanks was good, and the hug just shows that she's interested but would prefer too take things slow cause after all it was the first time you met, you can't off been expecting too much ;) hope it helps! :) xx

What Girls Said 5

• She might not have initiated any physical contact purely because she was shy, so it does not have to mean anything bad. As long as she did not negatively react to anything you did. As for playing and fidgeting with things, it depends on the person, sounds like she's just nervous, but it also doesn't mean that she's uninterested. As far as first dates go, it didn't seem too bad, I'm not really getting any sure signs from her from what you described, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing, maybe she's just slow to warm up and be comfortable with people. If she texts you that is definitely a good sign, and hopefully you guys can set up a time to go out again. These are all best case scenario of course, you might get people who will tell you that she's just not interested. It really depends on the type of person she is though, everyone behaves differently.

• Nice advice, best part though " It really depends on the type of person she is though, everyone behaves differently."

^^^ read this OP

• Well, if she's a shy person it's perfectly normal he acted this way. Really!

There are many girls who aren't obvious about how they feel (one of them, so, trust this comment ;)) and wouldn't reply to your contact on a direct way.

The hair and necklace thing are both signs of interest and flirt, but more flirt. And if she gave you a hug plus said she appreciated it it was really a good sign!

I think you had a great attitude taking things slow. Don't push it, let it build this way, cause it's seems it's leading to a good place!

• I think it went well. She was just being shy. I totally agree with troubledteen. You could have made a little more contact, but she seems interested in you.

• Sound boring. Nothing matters, just don't bore each other. You just met, you could have a lot more fun than touching shoulders and appreciating car rides, then going on the Internet and wondering how it went. Not judging here, I just think people should have a little more feelings than that.

• Great advice filled with so many suggestions of fun date ideas!

• Sounds like a typical first date.

Just give her time to get more comfortable and hopefully you'll know by then.

Ask for a second date. Go from there.

What Guys Said 2

• I know you want female advice but you made me sign in just to comment.

Just listen to the female comments at this point, the above poster ^ has his own style of game. I on the other hand disagree with all of those points he made. Not because I believe it won't work, but every girl gets her own style of approach, you get me?

I for one, don't play games. So the woman I'm dating I met online and talked about the same amount of time you did but I set a standard of understanding (not sure how to phrase it) before we really got into it. If you wanted there to be contact, you could've mentioned it to her that you love holding hands and stuff (if you do) and see how she reacted to that before you went out. When I do that I can see if they are too shy for that or if they feel the same as me. In your case, if you heard her say she likes to wait on physical contact then you wouldn't be in a predicament where you start second guessing yourself. Feel me?

When I told my girl that I loved holding hands walking through the mall, she mentioned she loves that too and added she likes "kissing too!" I added I'm a big physical/touchy person, she remembered that. We saw a movie (like your situation), I got the snacks, she got the seats and when I went up there I saw there was no middle arm rest :). So I'm like SCORE! she's diggin me. She never initiated any contact so if we followed prophecy's advice I wouldn't have got to cuddle with her the entire movie and hold her hand. She felt comfortable enough with me (no groping or pervy sh*t) and rested her head on my shoulder. It was nice :). But none of this would've came without any communication on what we both expect and like. That was huge but even w/o an arm rest I was nervous bro. no one wants to f*** up a chance with an ideal girl, but if you don't try, you never gain ground. If she didn't like it, she would just tell you, don't take it personal she's just not ready. If she was disgusted she would get out of her seat and walk off. Then you can scream "B#@ch! j/k lol

My most important tip for you is to make sure you both are on the same path and have a mutual understanding of what "this" is. If you want a relationship but she wants to date = trouble.

Disclaimer: My girl is intelligent and very mature. We both have this ideal of being real and honest 100% of the time. So it all depends.

• 1. contrary to a popular belief (and teachings of almost all so-called pickup artists), you should never initiate any physical contact. she should.

2. don't text. you should keep quiet and call her in week and set another date. and then, when the date is over, you should try to kiss her. if she denies you, you'll know what time it is.