Do you feel at times you put more into the relationship than your boyfriend or girlfriend?

What do you do about it...

Most Helpful Guy

• For the most part, no, because I'm very picky about who I make a long-term girlfriend. Any girl that passes my tests in the start of the relationship is generally going to be the type that will make me happy in the long term. The key is to filter out people who aren't going to be good for you early on instead of "investing" (what a horrible term) in bad people.

Now, you can have something start out good and go bad. That's when you need to talk to your partner about what behavior is annoying you. If they take your advice seriously, cut them some slack. Ask them what you can do to make them happier. If after a few weeks or a month they aren't on track, it is time to break up. Better to be alone and chasing a new girl than stuck in a relationship with a bad one is my personal philosophy.

What Girls Said 2

• It happens every once a while, primarily because I verbally express my emotions a lot (sappy-talk) and he has trouble doing so, so I end up feeling neglected when that's really not the case. I just talk to him about it, we work it out, we make each other feel better.

There's a difference between that kind of situation and the situation where they truly don't care about you as much as you care about them.

• Yeah, I have been there too many times.

I leave after a certain point.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, I don't have a boyfriend, but if I did, he'd have to put a lot more into the relationship because I'm not gay so I really wouldn't be into it. But, my girlfriend and I give it a pretty even shot.

• I don't.

If I felt like the amount of effort I put in wasn't getting the amount of return I wanted, I'd address it then leave if things got lop sided.

• Yep.

Stop putting so much into it and see how she reacts. Usually they'll notice and adjust. If she doesn't even notice it or starts demanding, move on.