Girls do you like a guy to kiss you on a first date?

ha girls do you like when a guy kisses you on the first date assuming its going good and you are giving him signals whatever those signals may be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am okay with the idea that a guy may go in for a kiss, but I will not accept it.

I realize with all the glamorization of FWB and casual sex, this may sound ridiculous, but think about it: Any first date I have been on has been with someone that I just met, on this date. Kissing is intimate. I am letting someone do something that I would not find acceptable from a random stranger. It has a level of meaning. I don't think it belongs on a first date.

However, like I said, I get that a guy doesn't need to be an animal to attempt a kiss on the first date and it doesn't speak poorly of him. I think it would send a small message that I don't want to send if I accepted it, so I don't. Oh, and it doesn't have to be awkward or send a message that I don't like a guy not to accept that first kiss. I always make a guy I like aware that I am enjoying his company and I will hug, but if they try for a kiss during the hug, they end up planting it on my cheek. That happened with my last first date, and we are married now...

What Girls Said 15

• if it feels right yes...

if it doesn't.. no.

• It depends on the connection..I think it's sweet to kiss good night on the fist date...but no tongue. because sure..who doesn't want to go all the way with someone they're really into but it will keep that anticipation growing more intensely... A sweet kiss would do.

• It would really depend on how long I've known the guy, if we were friends first, how the date went... things like that. Overall, it would just depend on the individual guy.

• yes if we hit it off and I like him

• no.

• It depends on how well you know him. If you've had a thing for each other for a while but just began acting on it, then sure. But if you are still getting to know each other, maybe not.

• dunno, best advice I can give you with kissing is ask "can I kiss you?" no miss communication and its sweet to ask but don't pester her if she says no

• If it's clear we both thought it was a good first date and we were both sending signals out to each other about wanting to kiss then yes...but no tongue haha

• it depends on the situation. if it is an offical date, a kiss is a must. if it is an unoffical date, then it may be too forward. of course always go by signals and chemistry. every lady is different. A kiss can be a prelude to the next date.

• I think I'd prefer the second date. Maybe let the antiquation build a little.

• If chemistry is there and all.. Then, yes or more than just a kiss.

• Nah...probably not. I want to get to know you better.

• YES! :) but nothing more, that would send me warning signals that he's just looking for sex..

• Yeah I do

• a peck is okay with me.

What Guys Said 4

• Judge by the signals :D if she is kind of lingering on the doorstep all romantic style GO FOR GOLD!

• Its not even a date with out a kiss. Girls who don't kiss on the first date have no real interest in you

• yes if she need

• If I knew her a long time before, but otherwise no.