Can you describe what a first kiss should be like?

I'm 23 and never kissed a girl, and I'm getting freaked out about it. I don't want to look really weird and ruin what could be a really special moment, so I'm honestly interested in what a first kiss should be like. Doesn't have to be graphic but I just want to know how to kiss a girl I like for the first time. Is it a quick peck right on the lips, or do I hold it there? If so how long? ... Sorry to sound dumb but you guys get it, I really have no idea what I'm doing. ha ha

Its really important to me that I be a good kisser, I really want to make sure the girl has fun too...anything you can say might help.

Thanks!

Again hate to sound lame, but I see sometimes in movies how they'll kiss, then stop for a little, maybe look in each others eyes, and then maybe a few more kisses each a few seconds (is it just holding your lips against theirs for a while or am I supposed to do something) Is that what really happens? Also, on the first kiss, do I use my tongue? If so how, what goes on in between our mouths?
with a first kiss, should it be just a one time thing and then move on and keep hanging out, or once I do give her a kiss, is it gonna last a while. is it acceptable to just kiss her and keep hanging out. I've never been intimate with anyone so I'm really interested in what your first kiss was like. If you could describe in detail how it happened that would be great

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't stress. It mainly just matters about the person you're with.

However, I do strongly recommend immaculate oral hygiene (brush, floss, mouthwash), gentle pressure when pressing your mouth to hers, virtually no moisture (most people don't like being drooled on haha), and moving your lips with hers. Interlock them. Caress her bottom lip with you lips and she'll be focusing on your top lip. Or vice versa.

• hey! that the kind of answer I'm looking for. What do you mean moving your lips with hers? And for how long do I hold a kiss, and do I repeat that? And am I supposed to use my tongue at all on the first time we kiss?

• will the first kiss be just one kiss and that's it for the rest of the time we hang out, or will it continue into a series of kisses, eventually leading up to the use of the tongue?

• Thanks for best answer :) I need to show you a movie example lol. I would refrain from using tongue on the same day as the first kiss. As for length, read her body language and see how it goes :)

What Girls Said 6

• I think the important things to remember are; not too much tongue...This can be very off putting and to make it gentle and sensuous. Be very aware of how she's kissing and follow her lead if you're unsure. Don't be forceful, don't be slobbery and go with it as long as it lasts naturally, don't be afraid of losing yourself in the kiss, it's a wonderful feeling and should be thoroughly enjoyed. She'll stop if she's had enough. A hand softly placed at the side of the neck is always nice and feels very tender. Also, things you should do before hand, make sure your mouth is spotless. Oral hygiene is really important. If you've got a manky mouth or teeth, she won't want to kiss you at all! Hope that helps.

• Honestly, nothing is perfect so don't strive for it. focus on being in the moment. don't stress because you can literally feel the tension. look into her/his eyes and let your hormones be free. its OK if she leads. but no matter what a kiss should be natural, not super planned.

• It should be spontenous and unplanned

• I think a first kiss should be more drawn out...like you're supposed to be taking your time to discover the other person's lips. And then maybe their body.

• Ya the whole wet slippness its the best so don't use tongue at first

• I've never had a first kiss either but I don't think tongue is involved unless your making out

What Guys Said 0