Pursuing A Guy Who Dumped his FWB?

I had liked this guy on my college campus, but found out he was "seeing" this chick. Basically from what I was told by a friend who knew her, they had been chilling, tried dating and wanted different things, and then seemed like they had a falling out.

Anyway, my BFF knew I liked this guy and told me all this info, but didn't want me to pursue him for fear I would get used. Consider I'm not stupid enough to sex a guy for 5 months after he says he doesn't want a relationship, I told her that wouldn't happen to me, but she's not happy about me pursuing him.

Basically, do you think I should heed her advice? I don't want to go through college never talking to this guy after we've spent a year sizing up each other, and I kinda want to know why he and his friends pay extra attention to me. I don't really think it's fair to declare someone a player or a jerk if they has a casual thing with someone and the other person caught feelings.

What Guys Said 1

• Its your decision, not ours or your friends'. My advice would be to make sure you both know what each other is looking for before you end up in bed together, and if he's not after anything serious don't think you can change him or that its just a matter of waiting for him to come around to the idea.

Make sure you know what you want, too, don't just make your goal getting with this guy. If you're after a boyfriend and he just wants another FWB, you're going to have to give it up as a lost cause.

You can't stop him from lying to you to get in your pants, but you can stop yourself from screwing yourself over.

What Girls Said 1

• Girls always seem to think what happened to some other girl will be different for them. Proceed with caution. Sounds like you've made up why our mind and one broken heart won't kill you, anyway. Most guys who have a friends with benefits don't just have one in their lifetime, though...it's more of a lifestyle you have to wait for them to outgrow if you want to date one of this type.