Guys, would you like it?

If a girl you like would randomly rant to you about stuff that bothers her, like school works, would you like it? or would it only annoy you and is a major turn off?

Most Helpful Guy

• The key words here I think are "like" and "randomly."

From the phrasing, sounds like you also like the guy and are wondering if ranting would be a good ice-breaker, or turn him off and drive him away.

Sharing about stuff that bugs you or bad things that upset you is actually a pretty intimate act; it involves openness and trust. So sharing personal gripes with the guy out of the blue could strike him as an expression of inclusiveness on your part and therefore lead to him feel invited in to a more private part of your life. It could therefore result in him warming up to you, empathizing, commiserating, and even comforting. All nice responses, in my opinion.

You WILL turn him off though if your rant is whiny and bitter; he'll imagine you venting that way to someone someday about HIM! ;-)

So I say randomly rant away but don't be shrill and bombastic about it (unless you're being ove-the-top on purpose to be funny - just be sure you're a good enough comic that he gets the joke).

What Guys Said 7

• Major turn off if done to frequently. I understand everyone has a bad day, but girls who bitch 24/7 are just annoying. I might add that this seems to be a common female trait.

• I honestly do not mind and would listen to anyone.

I would be glad that she trusts me enough to tell me these things.

But there is a difference between complaining and venting.

If she keeps telling me that she's upset because her brother keeps eating her last cookie then I would think wow is that her biggest problem in her life?

Also if she back bites anyone. I'm not down. Maybe once in a blue moon but if it turns into something constant then I don't even wanna talk to them...

If its about school I would totally be down. Especially if we have the same gripes. That would be cool.

I think your biggest concern here would be most guys like to solve issues while girls just like to talk about them.

Good luck! :)

• Complaining and nagging sucks. If I care about her I don't mind listening to her venting form time to time, but if she's constantly negative and complaining it's very annoying.

• Would it be all the time? Like every day? And would the rants make sense or is it just venting? Either way it sounds like it would be annoying.

• Like? Or fine with (tolerate)? "No" to the former and "yes" to the latter.

• I'd tell her to take a hike. I'm not there to be used as a psychotherapist. That applies to girls I know too. They don;t want to be used for sex, I don;t want to be used for all the rest (rant receiver, go-to-guy for car problems, heavy weight mover etc... etc...)

• Annoy. Turn off. Definitely.

What Girls Said 0