What makes you want to get back together with an ex?

In my mind, when it's over, that means it's over. I'm just curious as to what makes a former couple want to try again with each other, especially if they end on bad terms.

Most Helpful Girl

• He meant so much to me. I think of him a lot. I feel connected with him. Even without us being present, we want the best for each other. We recently connected after over a year of not seeing each other and we acted as if we just saw each other yesterday. Coupley. He's been texting me a lot. And it's a little confusing. I just know that it makes me happy and no matter what happens, I just want the best for him. Also, because we ended on such bad terms, reconnecting and sharing made us feel better and we're working on being on better terms.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it's necessarily trying to get back together with that person because it was a mistake to break up or you miss them or still have strong feelings for them (though any/all of those could still be a factor) so much as you end up missing the relationship you had when it was actually good. You're remembering how great it was when everything was fun and perfect and affectionate instead of how it ended up-unsatisfying. It's easy to look back and think it would work if you tried again.

I'm speaking from experience obviously. I just went through a very sad breakup with someone I was with a long time. I have to constantly remind myself that I ended it because I was unhappy in the end and not think about all the little things I miss about him/us when we were good.

• jealousy is a big one for quite a lot of people.

the realization the the reason for the split was ridiculous

• i have this guy firens who I've had an on/off relationship for the past three years! the reason I get back with him is because I realize what I'm missing when he's not around me. its like when we end I suddenly appreciate everything about him, even his annoying features. Although we have never ended in bad terms, most people who get back together who have ended badly probably do it through guilt of how it ended or the end of the relationship makes them feel like no one else would want them so they go crawling back to their ex. hope it helps xx

• Romanticizing the good times. Not wanting to feel like you failed. Repeated abuse that leads to low self confidence. Not wanting to be alone. That's just a few.

• One word. Memories. That's what makes me want to go back to my ex..

• I agree, when it is over it is over.

• There are so many things, but I'll just name a few. And these are not me personally, but from what I've seen, these are the most common:

Jealousy- not wanting him to be with other girls

Having a baby with him- wanting that perfect family

Making a mistake- you broke up with him because you needed space or thought that you wanted to see other men, but realizing that it wasn't the case

Were together for a long time- it's hard to let people go when they were such a big part of your life for so long.

• He was my ideal. Okay, yeah, he dumped me. Hard. But we had such a connection and we were so perfect together and he made a mistake. We were both happier together, at least *I* think so. We CAN work past this... we had too many good times. We were too good together. He was too perfect.

• For me,it's missing him. We broke up recently and even though it ended badly,I wanted to get back togethet because I WANT answers.

What Guys Said 0