Girls, what do think are the most important parts of a relationship that must have in order for it to work?

Like what kind of characteristics in a relationships would you girls absolutely want in order for it to continue?

Most Helpful Girl

• Likeability: I know this sounds weird, but you can love someone, but still not like them. When you like someone, you generally want to be in their presence. That like eventually grows in to love, and it is usually the kind that lasts.

Attraction: Not all attraction is about the physical. I my self am attracted to a sexy brain or someone's ability to do something at a high skill level, like music or photography.

Positive Mental Attitude: I love someone positive, who will make me feel positive...moods are infectious so an environment that breeds positivity, affection and openness, is one that I thrive in.

Ambition: Nothing says loser like someone with no ambition. I want to live life on the edge, with no regrets, so the person I'm with must share that vision.

I found all of that...he's my boyfriend, and I married him. 9 years and it's still fun...

What Girls Said 10

• Understanding, patience, honesty, open communication, respect, loyalty/faithfulness. The usual.

Some common interests, in my opinion, can really help a relationship go a lot farther. It gives you more to talk about and bond over when that early honeymoon phase of a relationship wears down. Even think of an elderly married couple. When the physical intimacy fades away somewhat, wouldn't you want a best friend you can talk to about anything and everything? Having SOME things in common would make that easier.

I could be wrong about this stuff, though. This is only my opinion.

• If there is a lot of lying, should this be a sign to end it?

• I included honesty and open communication up there. Did you not see that?

• Trust is a big one. Communication. And genuine affection/love. Not just love or liking. A lot of people don't know the difference these days.

• I thought I had genuine affection, but she expected me to ask her out?

• trust,monogamy, selflessness, compromise, commitment, honestly, sense of humor, great personality, things in common, disagreements that you can resolve together, confidence in the relationship, passion, great SEX! AMAZING HEAD!=]

• Common beliefs-

It's important to agree on the important things like religion, thoughts on marriage, raising kids, where you want to go in life, etc.

Communication- I feel like this one is the obvious one! You should be able to talk to that person better than anyone. Trust also falls in this category I think.

Attraction- Like a previous commenter said, that isn't just about looks. It's looks combined with personality. "Chemistry" would fall in this category. You need some similar likes & interest, but you don't want to be exactly the same. You can have different interest & still mesh well!

• Having fun with the other person . When I say fun I don't mean being silly all the time or saying jokes and laughing. I mean to have the will to spend time with that person and not get tired cause many hours have past . . A person with positive attitude towards people and life . . need that to go on, to overcome difficulties and stick together more through them . . . not fall apart because of them . . .:)

• Attraction is the first of all, if I don't like what I see, it's not going to work.

• non judgemental. I have to feel like I can totally be myself.with the person.

• Honesty, trust, communication, loyalty, respect and space.

• This right here. ^^^^

• I feel like loyalty and space kind of contradict each other a little depending on how they are defined.

• Loyalty & space do not contradict at all- how does that even make sense?

• Love

Trust

Honesty

Loyalty

Communication

They Both Understand Each Other

Affection

Have A Great Time Together

Etc...

• I'm christian, he too must be for our relationship to go anywhere.

What Guys Said 1

• Attraction, Communication, Understanding, Integrity, Disagreement (Sometimes resembling an argument), Ambition, and Optimism.

~ ArtistBBoy

• If the girl lies to you alot, would you keep on trying or end it?

• But if she lies 1/4 things she tells you

• It's a tough call.. My brother is that way, and the way I see it, he's not fit for a relationship because he needs the time to develop himself (that way HE'S not driving himself insane, nor me).. So based on that observation, I would say that I would talk with them and point it out, I wouldn't try to help them with it (because those are usually things you need to correct within yourself, not necessarily something extrinsic that you can teach her). Therefor I'd suggest moving on. Complex isn't it?