Have you ever felt that if you stop pursuing someone, you're giving up on something that could be meant to be?

There's this guy I got to meet through a training seminar a couple of weeks ago, and although I wasn't interested in him at first, eventually his amazing personality won me over, and now I can't stop thinking about him?

We live 4 states away from each other and we text every single day, Since we can't physically see each other as of yet, I've been meaning to tell him via text that I like him. Is it a bad thing to tell someone something like that via text?

And should I just give up texting him and liking him? I feel like if I do, I may be giving up on something that COULD be special? (cheesy, I know...)

Anyway I hope someone with more experience can help me out here. Maybe some of you could even relate.

Thanks(:

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not very experienced, but I can relate and am going through something quite similar.

I sent an email to a person that I liked stating that I liked them about a month ago, and have heard nothing back yet. I'm thinking of giving up that he ever will, but I chose not to, so I don't think that you should give up either.

I think you should text him and tell him that you like him; call him if you wish, so he can hear what's in your heart through your voice.

Texting him would be like opening Schrödinger's box to see if the cat is alive or dead. You never know whether the cat is alive or dead until you open up the box to see for yourself.

Basically, what I'm saying is to take this chance. If you don't, then you will never know if you COULD have something special with this man or not. If you do, then you will know, even if you don't like the answer.

I don't regret emailing my somewhat special someone anymore, so you should text or call this man and be happy that you did.

Hope I helped. :D

• Thank you so much for the advice!

It worked! Last week I finally told him I liked him!

If you could, you should read my latest question because the answer he gave me was neither bad (he didn't say he didn't like me) nor really great (he didn't actually use the words "I like you") but we still text everyday, and now he's actually the one who is more eager to text me (which is how I was with him). So the risk was definetely worth it! Hope you hear from yours soon!

• Congratulations.

I am very happy things worked out for you. :D

• And thanks for best answer. :D

What Guys Said 2

• You can use any means of communication to tell someone what you think.

The important thing is that you _do it_.

If it's not important enough of a thing that you can turn it off, do so. You'll be kind to yourself and him.

On the other side of the coin, you could talk yourself out of something as trite as something that COULD be special :-)

Advice? Go with your heart. But don't let it die a slow death because you didn't follow up on it. That's disdainful, the worst possible thing you can do.

• Why don't you try skyping first?

It will give you a better understanding of how he is in real life.

Granted it won't be the actual thing but its the next best thing

• I actually finally got up the nerve to tell him that I like him, and it went swell(: It was the first time I had ever been the one to make the first move, but he actually told me he was into me too, and we've been keeping up our everyday talking: except now he's the one more eager to text. Thank you for the advice! The risk was worth it

• Glad it worked out! Good luck!

What Girls Said 0