I don't understand him or this

I began a 'sexual relationship' with a guy who kept pushing to date. After several times seeing each other, I gave in and began to 'date' him. We were in a lenient type of military training and I knew it couldn't last because we would live so far apart acter. We never pushed each other because of this but promised to keep in touch after. After spending some awesome nights together before I left, we said our goodbyes. He texted me on my way home saying he missed me already...we texted again the next day...3 days later I texted him and no answer...nothing...he liked some stuff on my Facebook but that's all I heard from him. Now its been a few more days and I'm confused and not sure what is going on. Was I played? He texted back, all short texts...i really think he is playing...am I overreacting? Why would a guy try so hard to get a girl in a relationship that wouldn't work out and then disappear after its over for a few days?

now he likes nearly everything I post on Facebook but still barely texts or talks to me...this is strange!
NOW HE POSTED A PIC OF US TWO AS HIS PROFILE PHOTO...SUPER WEIRD

Most Helpful Guy

• I think 2 things are potentially going on here.

1. Like most men he doesn't really like texting. As time has gone on he's realized how much work it is to keep in contact via text since you don't see each other in person, and like most men he isn't a fan of this. Most guys hate texting and will avoid it like the plague even with a girl they love. This explains why he isn't fully avoiding you by liking things on Facebook.

2. Reality may have set in and by being away his emotions subsided, therefor making him think more clearly. He may have realized that this relationship could never work (sort of like you first though). He's limiting communication so that he can start distancing himself from you. Not entirely, but just enough.

What Guys Said 2

• Guy perspective>>>he still likes you. However, he's wised up and stopped being so available to someone who obviously didn't like him as much. It's a way to deal, and a smart one. But the thing about stalking your Facebook, that's weirdo material right there. Advice: ignore him totally for a while. And on fb, tell him to stop liking your stuff if he won't even talk to you. Emphasise it's downright creepy. Then you'll see his true self. Maybe you'll stop leading guys on after this, though. I gave in and let him date me? Never lie to yourself girls like you are doing us any favours.

• That was a wise decision, I once remember a friend of mine told me that one of the naval ships he was on he found a man and a woman f***ing in the closet. Everyone had to spend one hour looking for them. I just hope your encounter didn't happen quite like that. It would be really embarrassing.

What Girls Said 2

• You started of saying he pushed you to date him. Then you said we did not push each other.. I do not think this was ever healthy. no one trusted it.

you can't even take responsibility for wanting to be with him, in the first place/ he pushed you. you gave in. now he's pushing you away. next time be more proactive about when, you get involved.

no one here can say if he's playing, but you already laid the foundation of the relationship out, as a bad idea. so now he's acting like its a bad idea. why does that surprise you.

• I know that it hurst right now to hear nothing and feel rejected, but in my opinion is the best for both of you, you can't keep feeding your emotions when in reality it will be difficult for you two to be together, I think that you should keep your distance too, so that you can move on from this relationship, and start thinking of him as a friend now, It sucks that he hasn't given you an explanation of why he's being so distant but take advantage of the fact and try to move on, like I said it will be useless to keep the contact when at the end of the day you guys can't be together

• i guess I'm just confused because he is sending very mixed signals...now he posted a picture of me and him on his Facebook and likes everything I post, but barely answers texts. its just really weird. but you are probably right, I should just let go and let it be