How can I break it off with a guy?

We have been friends for a few years. Then I moved an hour away and switched schools. A year later he told me he had a crush on me. I admitted to liking him to. Since then we have seen each other twice. and have texted a bunch. He understands that I cannot quite date yet, but he said we were dating the other day. I want him to understand that I cannot date and that a long distance relationship like this cannot continue. How do I break it off without being totatlly mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest with him and tell him that since the last time he mention that you two were dating you loved the idea but that you haven't felt right because of your situation that you can not quit date yet. Tell him that and you guys can continue talking and hanging out every now and then but to be officially dating can not be possible for you at the moment

What Guys Said 3

• Just tell him the truth, nothing more and nothing less.

For some reason a lot of girls believe that saying something that isn't positive is the same thing as being mean. But it isn't.

Sugarcoating things is the worst thing you can do during a "break-up". Be honest and straight-forward.

• Shoot straight like in arrow, don't sugar coat anything- that just makes guys lose self respect when they think a girl is "letting them down easy"... and believe me, WE CAN TELL IMMEDIATELY.

• say to him what you said here and then stick to it if he keeps arguing just say you thought it trough and won't change you're mind and maybe keep some distance

What Girls Said 0