Do you get nervous when you go on dates?

I do at first, but it usually gets better as the date goes along. I've only been on a couple though :S

• I haven't been on many dates, and yes I do get nervous
  • I haven't been on many dates, but I haven't gotten nervous on the few that I went on
  • I've been on a fair number of dates, and I've been nervous on all of them (at least to start)
  • I've been on a fair number of dates, and I don't get very nervous on them
  • I haven't been on any dates / Other / See results

Most Helpful Guy

• Not anymore, I just say whatever happens happens, no need to let nerves get in the way of something you don't know about

What Girls Said 13

• Depends where I'm going on the date and how well I know the person, I always get some degree of nerves on the first date because I'm not sure what to expect but it that all passes the more comfortable you become with the person you're dating but it is very exciting and nerve racking at first!

• I picked E. I've never been on a real date so I wouldn't know. I guess it might be nerve-racking though.

• Most of my dates I was really nervous at first, but then saw how nervous they were and was able to relax and have fun. (It made me feel so much better knowing he was nervous too!)

• I don't really get nervous on dates, but I haven't been on a terrible many.

• I don't date much.

I am still new to it ... I'm just watching.

I didn't start dating until I graduated High School in 2009.

I dated about 4 times, nothing too serious happened.

(except my first ex, he was really abusive)

Have I been nervous? Nah, not really.

I'm not shy when it comes to guys, nor am I shy when I tell them what I like about them.

I mostly make the first move.

Guys are just cool like that, to me.

• I've never been on an actual 'date', but the idea does make me extremely nervous. But I know that I'll get more comfortable with it after I do it a few times.

• This question made me nervous just thinking about going on a date. Grr.

• I'm always nervous around new people at first, I want to present myself well!

• It also depends on the person.

• Yes, I get nervous. Sometimes, too nervous.

• yes, usually on the first date.

• I do get nervous. Its kinda funny.

• yes because the beginning stages of dating are full of so many tests

What Guys Said 12

• I'm pretty confident, so I don't really get nervous. I am however, a pretty huge introvert and terrible at small-talk, so getting through those first 2 dates when you're just trying to think of questions about them is usually pretty awkward. Once I get to know them a bit, I can turn on the charm, but ice-breaking is horrible and filled with awkward silences.

• I'd be nervous my other girl friends would be jealous, although I'm in China and having multiple 'girl friends' is considered normal...although not involving sex!

• Wait, girlfriends or girl friends? (The latter being friends who are girls.)

• There are different categories in China...You have many girlfriends who are romantic friends, but not sexually involved with them..

• I am a bit nervous, but not that much. Calling a girl and asking her out, now that gets me truly nervous.

• If you are about to meet the person for the first time, then yes. You don't know if she looks like the girl from the pictures and such. Thank god for "Lemon Law".

But if you know the girl personally, then you should be calm. You will get calm during the date anyways...

• I haven't been on many but the ones I've been on I was nervous, I'm really shy when first meeting people its difficult for me. I'll embarrass myself and my one leg will shake without me knowing... its a bad habit I do when I'm nervous or not relaxed.

• Dates are kinda like speeches. I get a bit nervous. I think about what to say. If it will be horrible. If she will be bored. But once it starts all the nerves is gone and I am in the moment.

• Not really. Only if I really, really like her. Which is rare.

• Hell yes. But I choose not to show it...

• Take my cousin for example he's never asked out a girl in his life. And one day he gets fixed up with a girl, now there engaged to be married. And yes he is 100x better looking then me.

• C. Beginnings are always somewhat difficult, as they are full of unknown surprises :)

• Voted E Because to women I'm too ugly, fat ,(not obese), and don't have a lot of money.

• Actually, to be honest, it sounds like your main problem is confidence, dude...

• I've come to a point in my life, I'm never gonna be good enough for any women.

• Or you could just try being like most guys, and realize that you're only gonna get chicks if you approach a sh*tload, and get rejected a sh*tload, and get "yes"es from a few girls.

• ive never been on a date but I would guess I would be nervous