When do you know when it's time to walk away?

This can be for relationships, friendships, whatever...

What do you do when someone means well but all they do is screw up & hurt you. Not because they want to or because they don't care about you but because they're just incredibly messed up with the way they are, the way they think, the way they view things, their priorities, etc.

This person means a whole lot to you and you have both benefited from knowing each other...they respect you & care about you its just that their definition of that is different from yours and therefore you continue to get hurt.

Second part of my question:

It makes you wonder if you are the one who is out of touch with reality, has too high of expectations (of behavior), that maybe you're a little too proud and you're getting upset over nothing. However you continuously get hurt...if you forgive them and stick around, does that mean you don't respect yourself or that you don't think you deserve more? or maybe you're just being the bigger person by giving them several chances?

0|0
0|1

What Guys Said 1

• First part: How can someone you view in such a manner be the one that's messed up...you pretty much used them by not being honest from the start.

"their definition of that is different from yours and therefore you continue to get hurt. " - why let it continue?

Second part: ...are you referring to yourself, that person, or the reader? In any case, you aren't going to be the bigger person or anything to do with respect. If you hurt someone, be prepared for either revenge or not existing to that person anymore.

0|0
    0|0
    • i haven't hurt anyone...they're the one who is hurting me & failing me so many times

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.