I don't want to let him down?

K so I've been dating this guy for about 7 months and I've actually known him for about 9. We know each other really well and were always spending time together.. Today I got a text from him saying that next time we were at his house alone and his parents weren't there he wanted to have sex.. I didn't know what to tell him because were both only 14 years old. He told me he was totally ready for it, but I don't know what to say because I don't want to let him down and think I'm not ready for it... What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Follow you're instinct. If you think you're not ready you're not. Don't get caught up with trying to grow up and having your "first love" . And who knows if this boy will keep this to himself if you really decide to do it. I know this is superficial but what will people think? tell him that it's just not a good idea, and that other stuff besides sex might be okay. And think about pregnancy because no form of birth control is a 100% full proof. Anything can happen.

What Guys Said 3

• This site isn't for under 16.

(That he would be "let down" is the last thing you should care about, waaay too young)

• Are you ready? If you're not comfortable, you don't have to do it. Don't let your attachment to him get in the way of what you are okay with. Quite frankly, you're a tad too young for anything like sex. You really need to think about all the risks, as well. Pregnancy, STDs, etc. If I were in your shoes, I'd say no, for sure.

• Simply tell him you're not ready. 14 is pretty young for your first time. The average age for that is about 17. Just tell him you want to wait for awhile. If he doesn't respect that, dump him.

What Girls Said 1

• he tells you that he's totally ready, but he needs to consider if YOU are ready!

that means you need to tell him if you are not ready!

if he is let down by this fact, that means he does not have enough respect for you and you need to leave him :)