Do you think it's necessary to talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday?

is it necessary for you? I don't think it is. in fact I really wouldn't want to talk to someone every single day...maybe if we had been together for a really long time but I've been seeing someone for a couple of weeks and he texts me in the morning, afternoon and night then complains that I don't text him to talk...i just think "well yeah cause I JUST talked to you..." id be fine talking at most every other day ya know. what do you think? do you wanna talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't tell if you are counting texting as talking or not but I think you should make an effort to see your girlfriend/boyfriend everyday. Obviously there are times when you can't but if you really like them then why wouldn't you want to meet every day? As for texting, I think that should be used to set up dates and stuff, not to have an in depth conversation.

What Guys Said 3

• Not really. Communication is definitely important but when it starts becoming routine, "hey, how are ya, what'd you do, etc" kind of conversation, then it's much better to chill.

I'd prefer meeting up and talking there than texting, anytime.

• If it's really early in the relationship, it might be weird, but I only get in relationships that I hope will last the rest of my life, so I plan to be talking to her everyday eventually.

• Not at all...

It can be a bit annoying sometimes.

What Girls Said 7

• I talk to my boyfriend a couple times a week lately lol, he doesn't like texting but when we do text it's all afternoon and night the then next time that happens is when there's things to talk about. We don't need to talk every day, all day. :)

• I think you should talk every day, even if it is at least a "good morning" or a "good night." If he is texting you all day saying "how are you" or "what are you doing" then that gets really annoying. But nothing wrong with one or two texts just to say hello!

• I think it depends on how long you are dating, at the start of a relationship it isn't necessary a quick text saying hello of how are you is OK. But as the relationship grows additional communication is a good thing that will strengthen your bond.

• no. I prefer to have some space inbetween, tho if I get home late don't see him except at night. then every night is OK. we just sleep. tho, for get texting no way. hate it. I never do it, ugh.

• if you lov somebody you miss them you want to be with them of course at least you want to talk, I know I do

• I agree, but sometimes I feel I'm over reacting , I've been dating this guy for 6 months now , we never or he never made it official to have me as his gf, we dated this long and automatically considered each other as bf, gf.. I see him only once a week we do talk or text bit when there's that one day he doesn't tex me I take it the wrong way. And I believe that if you care or like someone unconditional you would say hello in tex if can't call just one word from him would already make my day , and you don't even have to call or tex the restoof the day. It just tells or shows me that you are thinking of me.
      I need to chill.

• Nope. There are some weeks in which me and my boyfriend talk every day, and some weeks where we'll go a day or two without talking to or texting each other at all. In the first few months we were all rabid for each other and constantly texting and calling every night, even just to say "good night." I'll admit that I was worried and a bit sad at first, when that died down. I learned that it was no big deal; we're just more secure about each other now. And, frankly, sometimes I don't have anything new to say--and he feels the same. Much better to live a couple days of my life, and be able to share any news the next time I see him. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it is still nice just to hear from him, just to get a "How was your day? I love you, good night" call. But the last couple of days I woke up, went for a run, worked for 10 hours, came home, and watched Fringe 'til I fell asleep. Not exactly Breaking News. It can wait.

• Not necessarily.