Ladies: How exactly do you "test" a potential mate, and how do I know if I've passed?

How exactly do you "sh*t test" a potential mate, and how do I know if I've passed?

I'm not sure if I've ever been "tested" when talking with a lady I've just met, and I'm wondering if at least some of the typical "I have a boyfriend" responses were somehow test in order to try my congruence. I've pretty much been calm and collected no matter what the response from a woman. Should I apply more gentle pressure even if she says "I have a BF"? I usually just politely end the interaction when the topic of "BFs" come up.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a sh*t test. When I tell a man I have a boyfriend, I either do really have a boyfriend or I'm telling him that because I'm not interested in him. If she tells you she has a boyfriend, its correct to politely end the interaction because that's what she wants you to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Usually when I say I have a boyfriend and a guy tries to get with me after, I look at it as if he is dishonorable. I do think its a defense mechanism and I have been guilty of using it if I just got out of a relationship and it may be too soon, or I think a guy may be a bullsh*tter or I am not in a good mood and I don't want to talk or he isn't my type or I feel shy. hmmmm I think I might be using that line too much lol. In either way, here is how I would suggest you flip the script... Say to her that you say her and thought she was astoundingly beautiful and wanted to get to know her better, if that "I have have a BF" statement was just a line, she should take your card (which will have your number) and if she chooses she can use it but thanks for making your day thus far and you hope she enjoys the rest of hers. And walk away with a smile. There is no way she won't be floored by that.

• The "I have a BF" is only one of two things. An honest answer or the coy way of saying I am not interested. It is never a test.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls often make up the story about the boyfriend just to see your reaction, since it puts you on the defensive. That's why it's good to find out from other people what's going on with a stranger girl.

But when girls say this, I turn the tables and ask them why they're having this flirtatious conversation with me behind the bf's back.

• Read and learn:

link