What to do when you're not sure about how your sig. other feels about you, but they are not open?

I've been with my boyfriend on and off for three years.

We have lived together 2 out of the three, when we weren't together (last summer), he was with this other girl, and even after we got back together and such, he was still messing around with her (not sexually, that I know of) but when I wasn't around, basically treating her as if she were his girlfriend and still texting her and later to find out, calling her every day on his way to school. Basically, he has always been a not-open person. He says he loves me and blah blah blah...we live together again, etc. But sometimes he still does and says things that make me think otherwise, and I still get the feeling that I am only here because I am his comfort zone, this guy is my life, I love him more than anything. But sometimes I really feel like I could be dropped at any second...not a second glance.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Or something.

And don't tell me to talk to him, or try to, because it doesn't work, he doesn't "talk".

I need advice, opinions, anything.

I am a very confused 20 year old girl right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're wrong if you're feeling that way. If he doesn't want to talk, he's not just closed and that's it... it's a bigger problem than that, closed people aren't relationship material.

• So, despite the fact that he says he loves me and all that jazz...I could be right, I could be here just to be his rock...his comfort zone...

• Yep. Sorry this all sounds blunt but that's the basis of it all imo.

What Guys Said 1

• If you can talk, he isn't open, then you are his comfort.

Sorry, go with your gut, you are not confused...seems you are.thinking.clearly.

What Girls Said 1

• We girls have a tendency to get a gut notion, a hunch, an inclination, and most of the time, we're right. Go with your gut instincts...