When talking to someone, do you like to talk about them, or yourself more?

with me, it probably depends on who I'm talking to and what's going on in life at the moment.

but I usually just like to talk about them and just make comments on how we are alike by saying things like, "o yeah I do that too".

so don't go too into it, just answer in a generally speaking manner.

• Me
  • Him/her
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Couldn't put both as a choice...well from talking to you..you have no people skills what so ever u.u

Hahah and calling people names :c I cried

But I don't know them, me, whatever is interesting at the time :)

so never you silly

:3

But in all seriousness it feels uncomfortable talking about yourself..you feel like..are they interested.. this is vain..stuff like that

• lol you joker.

what? how could talking about all your power be vain? its just true.

• you've set me up to be mean to you for eternity u.u

• lol I can take it

What Girls Said 9

• I find that with the people I"m talking to if I need to vent, I'll vent. Then I'll either get interrupted and they'll start talking about themselves or they'll bring it to themselves and I stop or I'll finish my story and then sit and listen to them because they've got more to say about their lives than I do about mine.

• Haha alright. Venting is healthy, better than keeping it all in till it gets so bad you have yo go on a shooting spree.

• Both, I like talking about them to get to know them better but then I also like talking about myself to see their reactions and if they're really interested in what I'm saying

• I talk to them pretty much the same way I talk to everyone else.

If I REALLY hate them, I just look at them like they're stupid and wait for them to finish talking. But that's for people I really can't stand.

• and how do you talk to everyone else?

• haha why is that? can't think of what to say?

• Pretty much. I can only really talk about stuff that interests me, and most stuff doesn't.

• I like talking about them more than myself.

I like to hear how their day went and what's on their mind. If they don't mind telling me. Opinions and thoughts.

- Normally, I have nothing to say.

• When I'm talking to a guy. I like to hear about him, really, I do.

I get stuck when talking about me, because my focus is all on him.

• just any guy?

• I would wait for him to ask.

Or I ofer to take turns then.

You know, I talk about me, you alk about you, alternation.

• ah alright.

• Hehe I like to talk about myself , but when I realize I'm getting too selfish and ranting on , I go " oh I'm sorry , now lets talk about you "

Its not attractive but its the truth , being honest :)

• In fact, I like talking about myself but I will talk about them because I want to know more about them.

• him/her, i hate being the center of attention...

• Them.

i never know what to talk about myself that would be interesting to them or I feel conceited talking about myself, so I'd rather talk about them, show that I'm interested in what they have to say, etc.

• alright. and I get you, I feel self-centered too if I talk about myself too much.

What Guys Said 1

• I love to learn about people, how their mind works, who they are, and what makes them tick. I prefer to not talk about myself that much, but know I must do so in order to get them to talk about themselves. The only way I know to get people to open up is by offering up similar information in a gamble of trust. It works most of the time, but not always. Some people are just very guarded and there seems to be no way in.