Do I have to care what guys think of me for them to be interested?

Im feeling so insecure lately.

I went too far. I cut my hair. Its a nice haircut. Its really cute.

Like this: weddingpartyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mia-farrow-pixie-cut-black-and-white-mia-farrow-image-iconic-actresses-1960s-hairstyles-wedding-party-blog.jpg

4.bp.blogspot.com/_1OFESezfG04/TDuVnokrSpI/AAAAAAAAADY/3cxn2RU7c-k/s320/mia.jpg

My hair is so cute. Its comfortable because I can style it in about 5 minutes. But I feel like I look like a boy. People I know and some that don't know tell me it looks good but I don't feel right. I've had short hair since I was 5 but never a pixie. And people say I have a cute face and big eyes so I guess the haircut helps to show it off.

I like it but I feel weird people keep staring at me. Especiallly guys. But I don't think theyre checking me out. I feel like theyre thinking bad about me. Like trying to figure out if I'm a lesbian or something. They smile but maybe there thinking stuff.. Idk.

And I'm not thin but I try to look my best. So I don't know if guys think that big girls with short hair are lesbians. It is a ridiculous assumption though because I know many lesbians who have really long hair.

So my point is, I love my short hair. But I feel like its hurting my chances with guys. I don't want to let it grow either because long hair doesn't look good on me. I've let it grow to my shoulders and it makes me look old.

So should I not care what guys think and continue to do my hair how I want? I've always been known to do different things with my hair so its in me to do things like this. I just feel self conscious right now. I don't want cute guys to think I'm a lesbian. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys will still try to hit on a lesbian since there's a chance she's bisexual

• you're right.

i know some girls who lie to guys and say they're lesbians so the guys can go away, but it seems to do the opposite of that.

• ok

• Yay thank you so much...and ya I noticed guys nowadays stare but don't approach me.Sometimes I don't know if they like me but if you smile most will approach they're just scared..I almost always wear my hair in a bun so its not like they can tell I have kind of short hair.

What Guys Said 9

• No. you don't have to care. If you have hair like that, big eyes and a cute face, then I will probably hunt all over the world for you.

I would say guys are looking at you because you have a distinct look that separates you from the rest of the long hair girls in the world. You should carry yourself with confidence and stop overthinking it. The guys will "feel" your self-confidence. When that happens, you will have your choice of 10 dates every weekend. Stay true to yourself and your style -- it will serve you well.

• I think it's great that you love your short hair. If you wear girlie clothing, or at least not "guy" styles, then I don't think being confused for a guy/lesbian would happen.

The main point is that you like it. Others are constantly looking at us, so it's not any different really. Anyways, a guy would be able to know about you if they simply talked to you.

• yeah I don't dress too girly, but I don't dress boyish either. I wear things that guys can't wear. I stopped wearing flannels. those really made me look like a lesbian. :D

• I looove pixie hair ...those guys looking at you are probably checking you out. Very cute look, a lot of guys are suckers for it.

• your not hurting your chances with guys, most girls look good with long hair... that's the only reason guys generally like it more but if you look better with short hair then you don't have a problem. as long as your comfortable with how you look and give off some sexy chicka vibes your hair will make no differance at all

• Oh OK. Interesting.

Im not sexy. But I look nice. I think. :D

• No, you don't have to care. Wear your hair however you want. As long as you feel comfortable in it that's all that matters. Besides, you don't wanna look like a common girl now do you?

• Yeah you're right.

I tried to do my hair like a regular person. But it just doesn't look right.

Ive always looked different than everyone else. :D

• It doesn't really matter if you can pull it off.

• Ok cool. I think it looks OK. :D

But I don't think a lot of girls can pull it off.

• well yeah.

• I find people who don't care, very fake!

• I know what you mean.

Like that tough guy, I don't care what the world thinks of me attitude? I find it fake too.

I was like that when I was younger but now that I'm 20, it worries me alittle bit.

• To me, if you don't care, you come off as selfish. Can you reject yourself

#KillswitchEngage

• I actually like short hair on women & if it suits them prefer it. Your probably just not use to it being so short so you think people are staring. If some guy is not going to like you because of your hair then they aren't worth knowing in the 1st place. So for the very few who think hair is that much of a big deal you aren't really hurting your chances with guys.

Short hair on women is getting more popular & a lot of women don't have the guts to chop it all off which I think takes confidence = sexy

• Do whatever makes you happy. However guys do normally prefer a girl with long hair, so you really are hurting your chances of attracting a man.

Personally I have no interest in women with a pixie hair cut. It doesn't matter how amazing their body is, I can not be attracted to a woman with hair that short. Keep in mind I normally have very low standards for how attractive a woman needs to be. For some reason a woman's hair is just too important for me, to look past. I don't know why it is that important to me, but it is. You will just have to find a guy that likes short hair, or doesn't care about a woman's hair as much as I do. Those guys are out there.

• Yeah I see. its understandable. I don't expect all guys to like it. Just like not all girls like guys with long hair.

I just feel like theyre judging me because they keep staring. It makes me a bit self conscious.

What Girls Said 3

• No you just have to be confident because when you're insecure you try to change yourself too much from different guys that like different looks/styles.Just be yourself and most guys or people in genneral can't tell if a girl is lesbian unless she really tries to dress&act like a man but some guys still try to approach her.

• oh OK. I don't dress like a lesbian. ever since I went shorter on my hair, I stopped dressing so boyish. no more flannels.

i don't dress to girlie either, but I wear things that guys can't wear. :D

• No, you don't have to care; but if you do things that a majority aren't fond of, you can't really complain if it's "holding" you back

What's cute to girls is often mind boggling or unattractive to guys, even the whole pixie hair thing. Girls think it's just the most adorable thing while guys in general don't.

Do whatever you want, but whatever you do, you should be comfortable doing it

• ^Very Good response...of course females do not have to care...but females often have no clue what actually looks good or is appealing to males...older females often know...but younger girls always ask their friends...who are usually more ignorant than the girl who is doing the asking...o.O

• No guys will like a girl reguardless even if she thinks she's ugly