Girls, why are you ALWAYS distracted on the phone, but take forever to respond to texts?

I dated a couple girls where we are on a date and they are ALWAYS texting or doing stuff on their phone (I hate that so much). Not only that, but when I text them, they'll take an hour to respond.

I know they're playing the "wait game" on me, but seriously tho? why wait so long? even I know you read it the moment it got on your phone.

Most Helpful Girl

• its either because 1) she realizes she can't respond right away because that looks desperate, so then she does something else to keep her busy and send it later 2) she's just not that into you and forgets/doesn't care to respond 3) she actually didn't have her phone then 4) its rude to text back sometimes if you're with other people

What Girls Said 9

• Texting on a date excessively or (in my opinion) "period" is a huge no-no, it's disrespectful.

The reason/reasons they wait could be that they're not interested, they can't carry out a conversation properly, they're nervous, or they're busy but I don't believe anyone is always too busy to simply respond to a text...it could be a number of things.

You say you hate when this happens, how about this, try studying a girl/woman you're attracted to for about 15 min or just keeping your eye on her, if she doesn't whip out her cell during that time or you don't see her texting back to back approach her, she might be a little better with this.

Just a suggestion.

• sometimes you're just busy. you can't always expect someone to reply to someone 3 seconds after you send a text, some people have things to do. however if they are texting and doing stuff on a phone WHILE you're on the date, then you may be boring them in person and they don't really want to be there.

• But, hun, you don't officially know if you're not with them. When I'm with people and I have my phone, it's because it's a fidget(not simply because of nerves, but simply because). It's very possible she doesn't want to respond right away or maybe she's actually doing something in where she's away from her phone. I know sometimes I'll constantly be fidgeting with my phone and then others, it'll be in the other room in my purse, or I'll just be working. Also, think about it, you're on a date, she's got friends, her friends want to know how it's going.

I'm not saying I agree that being on a phone during a date is right, in fact, I find it rude, but I'm just explaining

• I can agree with you 100% It only bothers me when its throughout the date. For example, when I'm talking to her/ask her a question she's doing stuff on her phone it looks like she's not paying attention and a bit disrespectful

• First off, if you are on a date and she is spending time texting people, why would you want to continue dating her? I find that completely rude! If she can't spend her attention on you while on a date, she isn't worth dating! Its one thing if someone kept calling or texting her and she took a minute to text/call them to tell them she was out and would contact them later.

If you are on a date and the girl is constantly texting, turn to her and say" Obviously, you're mind isn't here with me, Ill take you home" and then do it! If she resists then tell her you don't wish to spend time with someone who hasn't have the manners to give her attention to the person she is with!

When I am on a date with a guy, I don't constantly look at my phone. If he goes off to the bathroom or somewhere, I may check it, but I certainly don't do it in front of him.

• you are so damn awesome, lol. After reading that, I feel like taking you on a date right now

• Most of the time if she's not responding it means she's not all that interested. Idk. When I'm into someone I ALWAYS answer. P.s. Your Sexy

• why thank you :) they normally do respond, just the time is long

• ya I mean normally like right away..if I'm only semi interested in a guy I normally don't get back as fast lol I don't do it on purpose just probably means I'm talking to someone else or doing something I'm more interested in before I answer.

• I don't know what kind of girls you're around, but I assure you that I respond to texts from my man as soon as I get them or see that they're there, and on dates, I never look at my phone.

• U_U how do you know that I read your text as soon as I got it. lol. =P No sometimes I don't respond back right away is I'm mad at them, or they take forever and a day to respond, or I look at it and I'm doing something and then I forget that they text mi ha ha one time I did that and I was mad like why didn't he text mi he did I just forgot =P oorrrrrrrrr I'm busy doing something. Usually I text back right away if I have mi phone near mi. sometimes I wonder off without it. so yeah. lol

• cuz 'love' is all games at this age. and I bet if she responded to your every text 3 secounds later ud think she's desperate for answering so quick, or has no life. it goes both ways

• I wouldn't necessairly think that she doesn't have a life. I would just think that she's oppinionated and chooses to text whenever is necessary. I pay attention to personality and person more than just her response time from texting.

• I always respond as soon as I read it! :D

• good answer. Would you still like a guy if you didn't respond ASAP?

• If I don't respond it's because I haven't read it. If I don't like the guy I'm pretty straight forward with that stuff. I don't give little hints such as: not responding to a text. Though a lot of people do.

• that great, awesome good work.

What Guys Said 1

• I know! I see it all the time in classes. but I don't really think much of them anymore, the more they use their technology the more I get money haa haaaaaa haaaaaaaaa!

Keep doing it more money for me!