How to stop wasting your time on someone?

Not just anyone but say like someone you've obviously invested time in. Whether that be like an Ex, Crush, Someone in a sh*tty relationship or just some random person who you happen to be interested in. Because I feel like the longer I know that person the harder it is just to drop them.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't need to drop them, just realize that friendship/romance/whatever relationship is a two way street. Eventually you get tired of making effort for people who don't make an effort for you. Same thing here. I used to do a lot of effort to meet up with certain people but when I don't text/call, they don't text/call, so then I started to see how long it takes for them to contact me and well, I haven't heard a lot from them since. Lesson learned.

It's hard but just give yourself time to deal with it. Distract yourself and try not to think about them.

You get tired of making the effort all the time.

What Girls Said 6

• You have to detach. That starts with cutting out their place in your life; creating distance. Once they're out of sight, it's easier to keep them out of mind. When I've done this, I delete their number, delete their pictures, and delete them from Facebook or any social networking websites. This is creating separation. They can't contact me if I do it that way.

Next, it really helps to emphasize on all of the frustrating, sh*tty parts to them and what they brought into your life. If there's ever a time where they made you feel absolutely terrible; look back on it and ask yourself if you really want someone in your life who's capable of making you feel so awful.

The main thing is creating space and filling that space with fun, posiive activities and new freinds :)

• Just kick them to the curb and do your best to not think about them..

Distract yourself..

Replace them..

Whatever it takes...

Kick 'em and forget 'em.. or they win.

• The more you think about it, the more it's going to painfully hurt you emotionally and mentally.

I know exactly what you're talking about. This feeling is far from fun. It's a sh*tty feeling actually. Especially when you know you have to move on, but sadly can't.

Time is your answer. You need tim to heal the way you're feeling. Interacting and socialization helps, too. Meeting someone equal or better may also improve those feelings.

• the more time you invest the harder it will be trust me. I'm done and over my ex but we still want to be friends. I wish I could write him off for life but I don't think that's possible due to the situation he's in. with that being said it depends. sometimes you just have to break yourself free, get rid of ALL contact with that person. don't speak to, meet up or hang out with,etc. over time your feelings will fade. it will take some time just keep yourself active so they won't be on your mind. good luck :)

• Lol there is no real way.

Sigh, there will always be that depressing half assed feeling there after you let go..

Anyway..with time it will just fade away.

But all I can say is its impossible as far as I know.

Lol you need more answers!

• It's easier to get over someone when you don't see them. No FB or anything.

What Guys Said 1

• get up your courage and outline your goals and what your expectations are. don't pull any punches. either he/she answers to your general satisfaction or not. if you are still with them even though you know it's 'never going to happen' then understand at least that the time you are wasting is only your own.