Do I have the right to be mad that my boyfriend is getting a female roommate?

My boyfriend lives in a 2 floor, 5 bedroom apartment with 4 other guys. They are all childhood friends. One of the guys was really inconsiderate and told them at the last minute that he is moving out and they need a roommate fast. I had discussed in the past with him that it would make me uncomfortable if he lived with a girl, especially if it was some random girl from the internet, not even a friend. (I mean come on, what kind of respectable girl would want to live with four 25 year old guys). Anyways, I asked him how he would feel if one of my roommates moved out and I let a craigslist dude move in to my apartment and he said he wouldn't be happy about that at all. The problem is not him, its his stupid roommates. These are not just random guys, they are guys that he has known since childhood and should be able to speak to comfortably. They voted on this 22 year old trampy British girl to move it and I am so pissed off about it. I also feel like they are rubbing it in my face because they know how I feel about it. I just feel like if it were my roommates I know for a fact that if I said to them "look guys this makes my boyfriend very uncomfortable can we try to find a girl" they would have no problem. I know that I have no right to tell him or his roommates what to do and I would never say that. I am trying to ignore the fact that it bothers me so much and trying my best to act as normal as possible, but for the last week I just Haven't been myself. I have been getting really upset and distancing myself a little bit. I have told my boyfriend the way that I feel and he has said that he feels badly that I feel this way but it is not up to him and he has no choice. I just feel that this is going to negatively affect my relationship because as much as I try to not let it bothers me, it makes me feel sad and misunderstood. I just do not think that it is appropriate. I trust him completely and I am very secure about your relationship. he treats me amazingly and he is a great guy. Opinions? =(

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it odd that, in an apartment of four guys and one girl, you automatically assume the guy that will end up hooking up with her is your boyfriend, lmao. I could see you being worried if it was just your boyfriend and the girl or maybe two guys and the girl but FOUR? Seriously? Insecurity kills relationships

What Guys Said 2

• No lady, that's just your opinion, there are good respectable girls that don't have "opinions" about them like you do. Don't worry about that werido.

It seems you have trust issues, paranoid, and probably have a million other problems I don't know about... Lame. :\

• LOL there's four other guys to pick up the slack don't worry.

What Girls Said 3

• if the girl's gonna move in then so be it... it's a great opportunity to test how much your boyfriend really cares for you :)

• In my opinion, you don't really have a right to be mad. That's just my opinion. How much time does your boyfriend actually spend at his house? He will probably be busy with work (or school) and with you. He might not see this new roommate very often, and that doesn't mean he will even be friends with her.

As a girl who has had both male and female roommates, it's no big deal.

• "I trust him completely and I am very secure about your relationship. he treats me amazingly and he is a great guy."

So... what's the problem?