My girlfriend's friend said I watch her like a hawk?

I went out with my Girlfriend and her group of friends last night, and it was great. We all had fun, and etc. All my girlfriend's friends have said that they really like me, even more so then my girlfriend's ex's.

While my girlfriend was on the dance floor with all her friends, one of her friends came up to me and said that "You watch her like a hawk".

I asked her what she meant by that, and if it was a bad thing. She smiled and said, it's not a bad thing at all.

What did she mean by this?

Most Helpful Girl

• She means you are looking out for her to make sure nothing bad happens and she is happy.

What Girls Said 2

• It means you like to keep an eye on your girlfriend which is really sweet, and very protective. I'm sure her friend meant that in a nice way. It shows you care about your girlfriend.

• Really , She means you can't keep your eyes off of her. Trust me I know when a man watches me like a hawk. It's not a bad thing , It was like a compliment a good thing

What Guys Said 2

• I'm guessing she means you're protective of her and always looking to make sure she's feeling alright, no one's bothering her etc.

• Means you always have an eye on her. That whatever she does, you are always there. I think she meant it as a bad thing. It's really none of her business though.