Why do girls send such vague messages?

I feel like whenever girls speak to me, whether they like me or not, they may say something that sounds like they may want to hang out, or go out, but they say it in a way that makes it sound like they didn't really want to. Almost as if they are beating around the bush. I believe guys do this too, but I think girls do this more, because they want a guy to ask them out. But it is also weird because if they get a negative response to something like "we should go out for sushi", if I say no to that it is only because I didn't like sushi, not because I didn't want to go out. I'm sure there are guys that are guilty of this, so don't think I'm trying to be sexist about it. also I hope the question isn't confusing

Most Helpful Girl

• it's kind of confusive but you've got it right : girls would rather you ask them to hang out, so she suggest meeting, letting you know she'd like it, if what she proposes does not suit you, you've got the cards, be the dealer. ;) she suggested it , feel free to ask. :)

What Girls Said 2

• cuz they want you to be the one to make the first move.

• Because girls take things really literally.

What Guys Said 1

• It makes rejection easier to take. They can pretend they were not really interested. They also are generally attracted to more assertive men, because this proves that the man can protect and provide for her. Try being straightforward, assertive and complementary.