Why hasn't he texted me since February 17? Is it because he is shy/nervous around girls he likes?

Ok, this guy who likes me is buddies with my Dad. The guy and me went on a date a few months ago on his b-day, even though I had never talked to him on the phone before. He is a friend of a mutual friend of mine. Anyway, so he texts me about every 3 weeks and all. I talk to his best friend who said he is "totally interested" in me but he just got out of a stupid relationship. His best friend also said that my guy said that he wasn't interested in dating anyone right now, back in February 8 he said this, when my guy told him he was thinking about asking me out that weekend when he was in town.

On February 5, the guy wrote on my wall, "I think we are in need of another fishing trip." This was our first date. I replied 'I agree, let me know when!" He hasn't asked yet. Also, when he texted me he would say, "Next time I come we should go out for sure." Hasn't done it yet, even though he came a few weeks ago to my town (doesn't live too far away). Could it be because he doesn't want to date yet again since he is still getting over the other girl?

So I haven't got a text since February 16, but the guy called my Dad today and left him a voice mail saying "I haven't heard from ya'll in a while and just wanted to see how ya'll were doing." I kind of got upset, because I haven't heard from him in a few weeks and I want him to call me/or text me. Is this bad that he called my Dad (whom he likes and is buddies with) and not me? I'm waiting for him to ask me on another date since he wrote that on my wall, but I don't know what to say or do.

Why hasn't he texted me since February 17? Is it because he is shy/nervous around girls he likes? Waiting on me to text him for once?!?! Is this normal?! Should I text him? Someone please help! Just write what you think!

Most Helpful Guy

• some guys lack confidence with women, others are inexperienced and don't know how to take the reigns, others still are more submissive and want you to drive. which one of those describes your guy, I don't know. If you can figure that out though, it will make it a lot easier for you.

If he lacks confidence with you, be more forward. show him that there's nothing to be afraid of. build up his confidence and then slide in little hints that you want him to lead. tell him that you like it when he makes the decisions and what not.

If he's inexperienced with relationships, talk to him about it. don't pretend to be an expert, instead just tell him what you want.

If he's just submissive by nature then it isn't something you will likely be able to change. Either accept it that he wants you in control of things or find someone else. He may change over time, but he may not. Either way it's unfair to go into it assuming he will.

What Guys Said 3

• Hard to say what y'all means. I've been transplanted to Fl for 23 years now, and it's seems the term y'all can be intended as a reference to many people, or one person. Confusing that way. I'm perhaps a bit odd in this, but it seems the best thing for you to do, is just come out and ask him if he wants a relationship. Cut through all the subterfuge. Give it to him straight, and stop guessing. Life is too short.

• in an age where I grade school can be expelled for sexual harassment for slapping a girl on the ass in the playground, more and more decent guys are afraid to be "assertive"
    if women want men in their lives, they are gonna have to step up to the plate.

• Why don't you call him?

He has been text messaging you for so long and It seems you have never tried messaging or calling him by yourself. Because of this he might have felt that you are not interested. He might have called your father to know whether you are missing him.

• Well when he texted me I would say, "You need to come to to my town so we can hang out" and then he would be like, "Yeah the next time I come we should go out for sure". So he knows. I just don't know why he would call my dad but not text me!?

What Girls Said 3

• If he liked you the way he should (that means a LOT) he wouldn't have any problem asking you out regardless of past dating habits. In fact, he would be scared that something like this loss of connection would happen. It sucks, but I don't think that he likes you as much as he's made it sound. You should move on and find a guy who's less confusing.

• Yeah but I mean I think he is shy/scared. His friend told me he was totally interested and that he talks about me all the time and tells him how great I am. His friend just told me he is just scared to lead a girl like me, so I don't know what to do. I mean he did spend his entire birthday with just me and I had never even talked on the phone with him before or talked to him much and he got my number off facebook.

• Don't text him because you might get the urge to ask him why he hasn't text or called you, which could lead to disaster. If he wanted to call you or text you then he would've done so. He might think it's a awkward situation to get involved with you when he is friends with your dad. If he feels anything goes wrong between the two of you it would ruin his friendship with your dad.

• His best friend told him that would be rediculous and my dad is not that type. So he knows that is not true about ruining his friendship with my Dad.

• dont even trip over him. he's not making you a priority so don't worry about him. I'm not saying never talk to the guy but just don't care about him so much. he probably is talking to other girls during that time. usually if you don't hear from a guy in a really long time that's what it is. text him back but not right after you get it.

• But I mean I'm wondering if he is just too nervous/shy or wanting me to text him first. I mean because his bff keeps pushing us to go back out and all.

• He might be but he needs to do it on his own.