Older guys who want to date young women?

I know a man who is in his mid 30's and he is a virgin, and he seems to only want to date young girls (early 20's) and he was even after a teenager once. He said it's because he would rather be with a girl who is inexperienced like him and most women his age have been married or have kids. Do you think that is a bit weird? and he is probably dreaming a little? in my opinion I think he will be a virgin forever if he wants a girl like that... it probably won't happen. I mean why would a pretty young lady (he only like the pretty ones) want to date someone 15 or so years older then her, when she can meet a cute young man her age with more things in common?

My point is that I think he's dreaming if he thinks he is going to get a pretty young lady to date. He's nearly 40, never had a relationship, he's a virgin, doesn't have a job, is not confident (shy), doesn't have a social life... Why would a hot young woman want to date him? But that's all he will go for.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 42, and my Girlfriend is 22. She had 2 boyfriends before me, both long-term, and both near her age, and both of them treated her like crap. Now, I'm not suggesting that all guys in their early 20s treat women badly, because I know that's not true, but many of them do. Even more simply don't know HOW to treat a girl right.

Her primary reason for being with me is that I treat her right. I not only talk to her, but I *listen* to her and ask for her opinions before I make a decision. I provide strength and leadership in the relationship, but I always consider her opinion and point-of-view when I do. She feels like she is respected, paid attention to, and cherished, none of which she felt with other guys.

While I always date younger girls, I usually look for late 20s-early 30s. We just happened to meet through some friends and we clicked. But, she's completely happy, so I don't see any issue.

• Re: your update: So why do you CARE? Obviously the women agree that he's gunning for girls out of his league, which is why he's never had a GF. Either he'll figure it out or he won't, but why are you letting his attitude bother you? The world is already taking care of it; he's just slow to learn the lesson.

• because he's always complaining about being lonely and I think it's creepy how he goes for young girls. One time the girl was about 16.

• Okay, but he didn't get her, right? So, as I said, the universe is already "handling it." He's going to remain a virgin forever with his attitude, but that's nothing you need to worry about.

What Guys Said 3

• Actually it's not that uncommon, even on this website you get a lot of girls saying they are or know another who is dating someone much older. Attractive young girls go for older guys lots of times, they like the experience, the stability, the maturity level.10 years isn't even that much compared to many.

If he's a chill guy, him being a virgin doesn't make it weird.

• He's not experienced, not rich, doesn't even have a job, he's not confident, not fit. I think he's dreaming. These young girls are out of his league. And it's more 15-20 year gap not 10.

• Yeah my answer was for those in general who are able to date someone younger and since I didn't know that he wasn't all those things.

For him specifically, the not having a job pretty much says lazy, complaining dude. A bum basically.

• Who are you or I to say what other people want?

• Not weird at all. I'm a few months from 30 and I only date girls 18-22 for that same reason, although I'm not a virgin. Girls will date us older guys because we have confidence, money, and security that many younger guys can't give a girl. Not every girl is going to go for us, I speak from experience, but a lot of them will.

• Well I'm 22 and I would never date someone that old and I don't have any friends who would either. He's not confident or rich either.

• Yuck why don't you go for women your own age it's creepy. They probably only like you because you spend money on them.

• I don't spend on them. I'm nobody's sugar daddy. I'm just a funny guy who works out a lot and has a great body. I'm cooking tonight's girl dinner at my place. That doesn't cost me hardly anything. Younger girls are generally less in a hurry to hop in a relationship or get married, which suits me just fine. If I dated a 27 year old, she's likely to want commitment right away and want to get married in a few years. That's why younger is better for me.

What Girls Said 4

• He is a looser and you don't need strangers on the internet to tell you that

• Yes its more than a little weird, 10 more years and he is the 40 year old virgin

• He's over 30 and a virgin: weird? YES!

Girls at 20's prefer cute young man? Not really! Eg, cutie pie is not my cup of tea.

Anyways, I can't see your point here, What's the problem with him going for young girls if there're some girls really loving his style?

• DONT DO IT! if a man is over 30, not married and doesn't have kids there is a reason why trust me! I had to learn. date a man your own age