Passing time or the real thing?

So I've been pretty close to this guy for 2 years, & recently over this summer we have been hanging out a lot & getting a lot closer. He admitted that he likes me & I like him blah blah blah. We've kissed, he goes places with me & my family, & I'm with him at his house quite often. We act just like we are dating, the only problem is, he won't make a commitment! He works 2 jobs and is very busy, and unless we are spending time together, we don't really talk hardly at all. I'm starting to think that I am just his temporary person to pass the time with, and I don't want to get my hopes up. Should I wait this one out until he can commit to me, or am I just wasting my time?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should confront him about your worries.

Obviously, take into account that he's clearly busy with work etc but it's not great that he's kind of leading you on in a way.

If you're going to ask him about it, prepare yourself for disappointment because for us girls, a boys mind is a mystery and vice versa.

I mean, he has kissed you..which suggests he has some feelings for you but he might feel a little pressured. Maybe he does just want a relaxed relationship with you with no strings attached, which tbh, isn't a brilliant situation to be in.

It's entirely up to you with what you choose to do, but if his intentions aren't moral then save yourself the heartache.

Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 2

• If he does commit to you, is anything else going to change? Probably not. He'll still work 2 jobs and be busy, and you still won't talk unless he's free to get together with you. If you don't think you're going to get what you need from him, then why bother? It sounds like he knows you'd want more, and he can't give you more, so he's smart not to agree just to try to appease you.

Figure out what you really want, and if his situation can provide that or not (you have to be honest with yourself), and go from there.

• You both have to decide individually how far you're willing to take the relationship. Typically people date for a while, getting to know each other, and the relationship won't move past that point unless there is a definite connection established.

If that "special" connection isn't there then yeah, it may be time to move on. Don't give your heart and soul to someone who isn't on the same page as you.

What Girls Said 0