Do most guys just want sex or do they actually want a relationship?

do most guys just want sex or do they actually want a relationship?and guys is it true that if your into a girl you WILL ask her out ? how do most guys see if a girl is more than just a fling?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nearly every guy wants sex. You can just go ahead and assume that every guy you know from 16-60 would sleep with you given the opportunity, so set that aside.

Many guys are not interested in a relationship with ANYONE, whether he likes you as a friend, or just wants sex from you. This is especially true of guys during the college years, because they are in their sexual peak years (16-25 or so), they often have very little responsibility, and they have a ton of new-found freedom. And it's even more true of the popular/attractive/confident guys, because all the girls want them, and so those guys have a LOT of options, many of them being girls willing to give out easy sex. Not many guys are going to give that up for the responsibilities of a relationship.

Now, if a guy has real feelings for you, in most cases, he's going to WANT a relationship and he'll push for it, UNLESS you screw up and have sex with him first. If you do that, most guys no longer consider you "girlfriend material", and FWB is going to be as good as it gets.

Remember that, unlike girls, guys evolved to be attracted to many (and different, varied) women, and to be able to have sex, and enjoy it, without needing an emotional attachment to do so. Most women need the emotional attachment to enjoy sex, and women evolved to BOND when they have sex, whether they want to or not, so we're very different in that way.

IMO, the smartest thing a girl can do is to make it publicly known that she doesn't have sex outside of relationships. Yes, that will run off most guys who are just interested in sex (some of whom the girl won't want to see go), but in the long run, she's much better off, as the guys who approach her will tend to be the ones who WANT a relationship.

What Guys Said 7

• most guys want a relationship, so if your with someone that dont, then he's not worth your talents, and the only thing I know is if they are relationship material, is her eyes, she will have a sincere look about her that cannot be faked and the emotion I feel when I see it,x

• At 25, I feel most women just want sex because I've been looking for a serious relationship for a while and all I get is women wanting to sleep with me.

I'm serious.

• Yes, most guys just want sex.

• Some girls I like or want for the sex and some I want for the relationship. Most times I just want a girl for the relationship.

• if a guy is like me he'll be dead shy and probably won't even approach,

if you like a guy that hasn't approached you then just ask him

• i don't know what most guys want. I am only one guy and I don't know enough guys to give me a decent sample size to make an accurate analysis that is properly representative of the population. to answer your second question, obviously not. if you are into a guy does that mean you WILL ask him out? no, of course not that's ridiculous. as for the last part, I think its best to just see what happens. just keep hanging out as long as its fun and eventually it will turn into something

• I'd like a relationship. Sometimes I question it and think I'm stupid for thinking that.

I'm pretty shy and socially awkward, so it will take me a while before I will ask a girl out. Doesn't mean I don't like her. I stand in my own way too often.

What Girls Said 0