Would you date someone who had many ex boyfriends / girlfriends / SO's?

the question says it all, will you date them? or does it even matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how many and how far they went with them. I require a virgin as my spouse, so if he had sex with one of them, that's one too many. If he did other non-sexual things, then I feel like, at my age, five would be too many ex's. I'd feel uncomfortable and compared to them.

What Girls Said 11

• When I enter into a relationship I try to put very little emphasis on their past.

Although it can give me a great idea of who they were or still are.

If they are still the type to float around, then I would make judgment based off of their past and not get involved with them.

• To be honest- I don't think it would matter that much. I don't need to know all the details of a person's past relationships- it's just not that important. If a guy admitted to having a past of playing around, moving through girls very quickly, it might make me want to take things slow but wouldn't stop me from dating him if I really liked him.

• Sure I would, why not? I've done a lot in my past and would expect any potential partner NOT to hold that against me, it goes both ways.

• What's many? Anyway its irrelevant to me. Its what he does while he's with me that matters not what he's done before. I don't even know how many exs my fiance has and he doesn't know mine either

• it kinda does tell a lot about the person but I don't worry too much about it, every relationship is a new one, so I would focus on ours right here right now

• It depends on his age, the reason for it and his safety precautions if he had sex with any of them. I am dating a man who is carefully selecting his long term partner because he married before he knew her well. He says this is why he dates and either "moves on", keeps them as a friend or "hangs out" with to reveal true compatibility for developing a long term relationship.

• If he had 25 exes and screwed them all, I probably wouldn't date him.

But if he had 25 and just hadn't found what he was looking for then I would.

• i would see it as a red flag. it shows they cannot keep relationships. I don't want to be with someone like that

• how many are we talking about? lol.. lots of SO means lots of sexual partners in the past and tbh that is unusual in my culture but if I like/love someone his past really doesn't matter to me so yes I would.. ^-^

• i have before and his past is his past.

• It depends why they broke up, and with how many of them he slept with (if any).

What Guys Said 3

• well it depends on our feelings for each other. if I saw this girl as someone who was devout and honest about her love to me so I wouldn't mind about her past. anyone who has many ex-boyfriends/girlfriends has their own reason why it is so.

• Depends on what 'many' would be. I might say that over 20 guys might be excessive where the next guy might say over 3 is the limit for him.

• No, because its annoying if you bump into some random person that happens to be their ex.