A woman's cooking... are there any emotional elements to it?

I’m just curious. If a woman cooks good, does that means she really loves you?

Especially like my brother’s case. We are Dominicans and he was engaged to an Italian-American woman. Sorry if I sound racist but I was pretty young at that time and I had a lot of doubts on white women; I though they couldn’t cook for their life. But this woman (my brother's ex) used to cook Dominican food outstanding! Eating the Dominican food she used to cook reminded me of my grandma's food when I was little.

I think that is so hot when you are engaged to a woman that is a different race from, yet cooks your native food outstanding. is like it shows me that she love me so much that she is willing to learn and go beyond what she can do just to make me happy. Am I right or wrong? Can a woman's way of cooking be a sign of love and affection?

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL

Italians are pretty family oriented in the same way Hispanics are. But typically, white women(anglo saxon) half ass sh*t and cook Hamburger Helper or some nonsense out of a box.

Anyways, I don't think it says anything about love. I think the WILLINGNESS to learn to cook his cultures food says something about love, but not how well she cooks, although she *should* technically try to improve. So if she keeps trying, then yes, it says something about love. But just being good or bad doesn't.

Some people just suck at cooking and no amount of practice can change that. But, it might say something of their love to cook. Some people just have a natural love of cooking while others don't.

What Girls Said 8

• Some women, yes even white women, are just naturally good at cooking, it's the fact that she was willing to learn for you that means something special. I cook the way I cook for everybody, I put a lot of time and effort into every meal I make for guests, not just the guy I like.

• Yeah, I won't cook for a guy unless I really like him. And if I regularly cook for him and even try to learn new foods he likes then I'm putting in some effort to make him happy.

• OK being a white woman from Irish decent I would like to say that we can cook, and not hamburger helper lol. I do think that it does have an emotional side to it. I won't just cook for anybody but when I care about people I will cook and care for them.

• Yes, food brings family together. A female of diff. Ethnic background cooks better than my cooking. I would be friend her lol. Yeah. She is a keeper :-).

I can cook but don't...what does that say about me.

• "Is that an onion in your skillet or are you just happy to see me"

:D

• It depends on what I'm eating.

Yeah, when I eat my grandmother's cooking, it puts me on cloud 9. She makes the best fried Catfish, pork-chops, and mac and cheese. -- Oh can't forget the pecan pie's

But, when my uncle's BBQ, with their own touch, it's awesome too.

It gives me that Southern, country, home-sweet-home feel. Mmmmm ...

Yeah, there is something about a guy who can cook a dish you like, perfectly! (I love BBQ!)

• can't speak for all women, but I love cooking when I'm stressed out or angry. it just feels good to focus on one task, e.g. cutting tomatoes. and I love it when everything smells so good and turns out well. so there's definitely some kind of emotional element to it, but I can't say it's 'love'. might be in the case of the woman you're referring to.

• I usually add a few drops of breast milk haha

What Guys Said 0