Dating a man/woman with children?

Pretty simple..would you date someone with children.. If not what would be your reasons. And I'm talking about someone who doesn't hv all the parenting drama..

Most Helpful Guy

• Not anymore. I have found most of the women with kids are more concerned about finding someone to help pay the bills, and help out with the kids. I think the odds of finding a woman that really just wants to be with me because she loves me, is not likely to happen if I waste my time on women with kids. At this point I doubt the motives of any woman with kids that show interest in me.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope. I don't want to undertake the massive emotional and financial investment to bond with a child I may never see again after a breakup with the mother which could happen at any time.

I'd rather adopt.

• No. Those aren't my responsibility, and I want to raise my own family.

• No.

What do you mean no parenting drama?

• As in the parents get along.. No fighting with the ex and a very good coparenting style

What Girls Said 1

• 8 months ago I would have said I would date someone with children. I met someone with two kids from a previous marriage. Early on while we were still getting to know each other, I asked if he wanted more kids. He said he wanted one more. He also said that he wanted to get married again. So, I didn't think twice about continuing our relationship. I did wonder if he would be as excited for our kid as he was with his first two and the same for our wedding. Well, the relationship started off GREAT! We had some much fun together and always laughed and had a good time. One night, we even went through his kids things from when we were babies and he put stuff aside for "when we have a kid" (his words).

Then one night, over 6 months in to our relationship I found out he didn't want another kid. I was devastated! I had fallen so very much in love with this person and saw an awesome future with him only. Then out of the blue my sweet happy future with the person I wanted to grow old with was shattered, sh*t on and thrown out like yesterdays trash. Here it is a month later and I am still with him because I love him. But I know this issue will end our relationship sooner than later. It's a little difficult being around his kids when I know I will never have that with him.

So, a few tears later, my opinion is that it is safer to find someone from the beginning to experience all of those things with for the first time with.