Should I be civil to my girlfriend's guy friends?

I don't like my girlfriend's guy friends nor do I trust them around her but I do want to make my relationship work so should I be civil to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, be civil to them. If they are close to her, and they like her, chances are if you piss them off they will talk smack about you to her and I have found 9 times out of 10 that the friends will influence a break up. You don't have to like them but yes at least be civil. If you really feel like you can't trust them to be alone with her then why don't you just try hanging out with them more. It makes it a deterrent sometimes if they get to know you.

• She won't hang out with alone, she barely hangs out with them unless It's on special occasions.

What Girls Said 5

• What's the alternative option, acting like a tool? :P If they're really after your girlfriend (which I'd try not to be paranoid about), being immature would just help them justify hitting on her, because they'll think, "Oh her boyfriend's a jerk, she deserves better."

Also, your girlfriend will appreciate the maturity SO much, trust me. I don't think my boyfriend worries about my guy friends, but if he does, he sure does a great job at not making it a big problem.

• I don't really show it because I'm great at hiding my discomfort.

• Haha I totally understand. This isn't the same exact thing, but some of my boyfriend's roommates are absolute douches and it does make me uncomfortable that he's around them so much.

• Yes, you should.

Just because you don't trust them around her doesn't mean you shouldn't trust her around them.

If your girlfriend is loyal to you, then you should trust her enough around her guy friends.

Trust is key in a relationship.

If you don't trust her (think hard) then the relationship should be nonexistant.

• I trust her 100%

• Then don't worry.

If they seem like rapists or something like that in your eyes, watch them.

Otherwise, be supportive of the friends she chooses to have, unless they are negative influences.

But, since you trust her, rest easy. She should love you enough to not betray you.

• Be civil to him, or you'll look like an ass. Don't bug her about him either, or she'll think that you don't trust her. Just be wary around him, but don't make it obvious. If you think that she's cheating on you, then you need to trust her more.

• I know she's not cheating, I just don't trust them

• Well then you don't have anything to worry about, just relax.

• I will after all she chose me and they're friendzoned.

• Of course you should be civil, you will be kicked to the curb if you aren't. It doesn't matter if you trust them or not, it only matters if you trust her.

• Yeah, be civil. You're only going to drive her away if you aren't. Unless they've done something not to warrent your trust, just be friendly. You may end up making friends.

• I'll be friendly to them for my girlfriend but I don't have to trust them I'll only trust my girlfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• If he's behaving himself around her, which I assume he is or they wouldn't be friends, then yes, or you'll end up looking really, really bad.

• You should try to be civil, unless they give you good reason not to be.

And I mean a good reason. Not one that you concoct out of nowhere.

But realistically, you're as far away from her friends as you are from her - how much interaction are you likely to have with them? Very little, I'd imagine. So why should this even come up?