Is it wrong to dump a girlfriend after meeting a girl who got better personality?

The public opinion is that it's wrong and shallow to dump someone to go for someone hotter, prettier and better-looking.

But is it wrong to put an end to all commitments to go for someone who got the same good looks but even better personalty, while the current girl doesn't have very bad or flawed personality, but it's still worse in comparison?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be a front. What if you break up with you girlfriend and then find out this chick is crazier than an out house rat? She may seem better now but she could be crazy later. Do what you got to do but there is a chance that you could be downgrading all becasue you thought the grass was greener on the other side. If you do decide to go for this other girl don't be a douche to your current girlfriend. Let her down gently.

• You're right. Good point.

What Girls Said 4

• I mean, if you're in a committed relationship with that person and decide just to breakup with them because anther girl just so happens to have a better personality is odd. It depends how your current girlfriends personality is like, obviously if she is a bitch, then yea, but if it's minor than I don't know. Good question

• only if your current girlfriend is a nice girl

• What do you mean?

• its only okay to dump girls with a crappy personality on a whim, because if a girl has been nice sweet to you it would be a douche bag move

• Then you're not in love with you're current girlfriend.

And I think @omgwtflol has a very good point.

• You picked the person who makes you feel the best when you're around them.

What Guys Said 3

• You're not married, you don't have kids ... you find someone you like better who likes you, go for it.

• While you probably shouldn't simply dump a girl to go after one who simply seems better on paper, I see no reason why you shouldn't dump a girl if you are falling for another one.

I mean, ideally it would be better than cheating right?

And we are talking about a girlfriend here. I wouldn't say its the same case for a wife, especially when there are kids involved. But a girlfriend carries no real responsibility, so go for it.

• That's what I was thinking.

• Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you think it's okay, then you forfeit the right to complain when she does it to you.

• I didn't say I think it's OK, that's why I asked this question.