Not talking as much on 9 mo mark?

today my boyfriend and I have been together 9 months. last night he posted on my wall happy 9 mo, this morning he texted it, then when I called him he said it. it was overkill, but I know he was trying to make up for the fact that he forgot 7 and 8 mo.

I've only talked to him twice today, for very short periods of time, and he seemed really out of it. I'm kinda getting upset because he hasn't really talked to me today like normal, but almost not at all (we usually text a lot, or he'll call as much as he can).

i don't really know what's going on, but I'm getting kinda frustrated and I don't want to be upset with him because I want to praise him for remembering our 9 mo, and not make him feel bad. what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The months don't matter. The years do. My boyfriend freaked out when he forgot our six month a few years ago, and when he apologized and looked all panicked, I looked at him blankly and said, "Our six month was yesterday? Oh. I had no idea." And then went about my day. It really doesn't matter. If he forgets your yearly anniversary, your birthday, or Valentine's day, then you'll have an issue. But nine months? No.

What Guys Said 1

• Are you going to be celebrating every single month?

It's not that big of an occasion as compared to one year, he's not going to treat the 9 month any differently than normal.

What Girls Said 1

• forget about it. 7,8,9 months don't matter. I'd only be looking for him to say it once. To be honest, I think this argument/fight/mishap is silly